Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased an 03 R1 fun bike and fast… only problem I’m having is the headlights when on low beam only the left side works when cut on hi beam left side goes out and neither side works any suggestions thanks!!
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Plant

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha YZF-R1/Raven
465 Posts
Just purchased an 03 R1 fun bike and fast… only problem I’m having is the headlights when on low beam only the left side works when cut on hi beam left side goes out and neither side works any suggestions thanks!! View attachment 1022722
Welcome to the forum! Cool bike… sorry I can’t help with the lights on your 03, but you’re going to enjoy all the knowledge the good folks on this forum are happy to share 👍

·
Registered
'08 r1
2,639 Posts
Good looking bike bud. Download the service manual and look at the wiring diagram and make sure everything is hooked up correctly. Also test the headlight relays.

Alternatively, take it to a shop and have them take a look. If it is a major shop, you might need to talk to one of their mechanics about doing the work on the side as most major shops won't work on a bike that old.

Good luck bud.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts