Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put a shorty exhaust on my 2003 R1rc any suggestions on what will fit and what has the same inlet size???

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cause i got a 2003 and was looking to see if anybody had ever done it cause no one makes it for my bike

·
Sup
17,466 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

The first link looks alot like a company on e-bay that is calling themselves I.C.E Exhaust i like that exhaust but it is not the style i want however the second one was way closer what i was looking to do was put the style exhaust off of a r6 the short exhaust that still comes out like factory but stops right under the pegs but that has given me something to ponder on i appreciate it man your bike looks awesome very nice

·
Sup
17,466 Posts
The first link looks alot like a company on e-bay that is calling themselves I.C.E Exhaust i like that exhaust but it is not the style i want however the second one was way closer what i was looking to do was put the style exhaust off of a r6 the short exhaust that still comes out like factory but stops right under the pegs but that has given me something to ponder on i appreciate it man your bike looks awesome very nice
No problem, and thank you :thumbup

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I put a pic up of my bike in my gallery what would you put on it i have thought about putting the same exhaust you have on your bike but i wanted to do the r6 style because i have not seen it on a 03 R1 before

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats a good idea you have any idea how much something like that would or should go for and what the stock titanuim exhaust would go for off of my R1

·
Viva La Figa
3,999 Posts
I know what I'm getting when I get back! :rock I'm leaning towards the Mirage. Has anyone ridden with one of these with race plastics on? If so, how much cutting did you have to do?

·
I eat my R1
7 Posts
i just put an HR1 pipe on my 03 from hard rock motorsports. the sound is nasty...there are a couple clips on youtube but it doesn't do the pipe justice. i highly recommend it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
help w mcm

Yes they do. There are two I know of. MCM and Hard Rock motorsports. Or you can make your own MCM style "stealth" exhaust like I have.
Click the MY R1 link in my sig to see mine.

Here are the websites for the pre made exhausts.

http://www.mcmcustom.com/index.html

http://www.hardrockmotorsports.com/HR1_web/HR1_web_street_YAMAHA_R1.html
hi !! i have the 2003 r1 and i so about what you told (mcmcustom) but i send a lot email for the guys ,never got anwser. you know where i can buy that pipe ? if the mcm have phone ? thanks

·
Registered
308 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
8 Participants
Devil1
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing