Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHY DID YAMAHA PUT THEIR NUMBERS OUT ON THE NEW 2004
R1 SO SOON....BUT HONDA AND KAWASAKI HAS NOT..... I GUESS THEY ARE SCARED..... I CAN GUARANTEE YOU ALL THAT YAMAHA KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT THE NEW R1 WILL AND IS GOING TO PRODUCE......."YAMAHA IS DA SHIT" REGARDLESS IF YOU LIKE IT OR NOT.......

·
mmmmm...black bike
1,856 Posts
Um yeah whatever you say :crash

Those are not numbers....those are exaggerations. The real numbers will come out when they are tested. Until then everything is just a bunch of marketing hype and sales babble.

·
G Addict
2,851 Posts
The Yamaha is probably going to be the shizz with its kitted 15750 rpm potential :eek:, but dont underestimate what the other manufacturers can do.
It will make a difference if youre talking bolt ons, built street, or full blown track. Boy are we fortunate to have the selection thats coming. Theres even talk of a V4 Ducati.
Imagine a 2 wheeled Ferrari. :rock
What we get is not always what has been projected so well all just have to wait. Talk about slowing down time. Its taking forever for Feb. to get here.

http://earth.prohosting.com/mjkloiu...a_CBR1000RR.htm
http://www.cbrworld.net/2004/cbr1000rr.htm

Attachments

·
Beeeeeer!
9,542 Posts
MR_GIXXER_MAN said:

Those are not numbers....those are exaggerations. The real numbers will come out when they are tested. Until then everything is just a bunch of marketing hype and sales babble.

You want to see exaggerations look at the weights quoted by suzuki. I have yet to see one tested that weighed less than an R1. That's already come out, but we will have to wait for those HP numbers to be confirmed and I'm affraid that you will be alittle more upset then than you are now.

·
mmmmm...black bike
1,856 Posts
GXRKLR said:
You want to see exaggerations look at the weights quoted by suzuki. I have yet to see one tested that weighed less than an R1. That's already come out, but we will have to wait for those HP numbers to be confirmed and I'm affraid that you will be alittle more upset then than you are now.

WTF are you talking about?:confused: I am not upset....I am simply stating that until the bike is tested and dyno'd no one will know what are the real numbers. It is stupid to put out crank HP...no one cares about crank HP. If the bike has 150 hp great...but all this stupid "claimed" crank HP numbers are just sales and advertisement crap.

·
Who's your Daddy!!
5,465 Posts
MR_GIXXER_MAN said:

INDEED!!

BD

·
Super Moderator
21,675 Posts
Just remember one thing. :fact The more the big 4 does inorder
to out do each other for the sportbike crown the better it is for
us, the consumer and rider. :p Let them fight and squabble all
they want to. It only makes a better product for us. Each year
the bikes get better and better. Really, with any 04 liter bike you
can't go wrong R1 or other brand. :no

·
mmmmm...black bike
1,856 Posts
Skeeter said:
Just remember one thing. :fact The more the big 4 does inorder
to out do each other for the sportbike crown the better it is for
us, the consumer and rider. :p Let them fight and squabble all
they want to. It only makes a better product for us. Each year
the bikes get better and better. Really, with any 04 liter bike you
can't go wrong R1 or other brand. :no

Yep I agree;)

·
Beeeeeer!
9,542 Posts
MR_GIXXER_MAN said:
WTF are you talking about?:confused: I am not upset....I am simply stating that until the bike is tested and dyno'd no one will know what are the real numbers. It is stupid to put out crank HP...no one cares about crank HP. If the bike has 150 hp great...but all this stupid "claimed" crank HP numbers are just sales and advertisement crap.
upset may not have been the best choice of words but that still does not take away that you appeared to be attacking Yamaha for their "exaggerated" numbers. I'd say alot of people did the same thing when suzuki claimed 165 for the 1K. But they weren't exaggerated were they? this should be no different.

A company would be cutting their own throat if they advertised numbers they couldn't back up. They claimed 152 for the '02 and I have seen 130-136 rear wheel. so you can figure 16-22 lost for the drive train. These will be fixed numbers, not a percintage like everyone has used before. You can also apply this to the 1K 143-149 at the rear wheel, and from what little I have read on it that seems to be correct. Anyway, so you should see 150-156 come time for the "real world" numbers to be posted. This is based on nothing more that what has happened in the past. So we will just have to wait to see if history repeats itself. Till then :hellobye

1 - 12 of 12 Posts