Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '04 R1 has recently started displaying error code 19 on the speedometer. It will eventually quit with the
error but will come back whenever it feels like it. The bike will obviously not run when this occurs. Has
anyone run into this problem and how do I resolve it? My dealership told me by phone that it has something
to do with the fuel system. However, all of the info online tells me that it is electrical. I would appreciate
anything you could give me.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Error 19 is Sidestand switch (open circuit in the input line of the ecu No 15 the ecu N0.15 terminal is detected when the start switch is pressed).
I had that problem with my 04 R1 on the track this summer led 8 laps of the 10 lap race and it was off and on for a half a lap before it died.
I found the wiring harness from the ignition switch by the radiator had worn through a wire. Your bike may be worn through in the same spot, check the harness for wear (left side). I was able to jumper out the connection to finish the season while a new ignition switch came in. The connection is under the black plastic cover between the mid and lower left cowling. Red connector, blue and black wire and a blue and yellow wire going into it. Good luck, let us know if it worked out for you.

I answered you on another forum as well.:epimp

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.