Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· bleedin' blue
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I went and did it.....tossed the bike off the track at PR.

The damage is actually very minor, but the one part that Yamaha is back-ordered for 1.5-2 months on is a critical one, the fairing stay.

Does anyone out there have any idea where to get one of these, or how to go about replacing it, possibly with a previous years version?

thanks!

· Banned
9,609 Posts
bluesurf said:
Ok, I went and did it.....tossed the bike off the track at PR.

The damage is actually very minor, but the one part that Yamaha is back-ordered for 1.5-2 months on is a critical one, the fairing stay.

Does anyone out there have any idea where to get one of these, or how to go about replacing it, possibly with a previous years version?

thanks!
Previous years won't fit. May I suggest looking for a race main stay so you don't trash the OEM unit?

· bleedin' blue
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, since the OEM unit's already trashed then that's not an issue. Thanks for the clarification re: previous years lack of fitment.

Unfortunately, as I understand it then the race stay's won't accomodate a stock street bikes instrumentation. My dealer already chatted with Brandon over at Graves about this.

· Banned
9,609 Posts
bluesurf said:
well, since the OEM unit's already trashed then that's not an issue. Thanks for the clarification re: previous years lack of fitment.

Unfortunately, as I understand it then the race stay's won't accomodate a stock street bikes instrumentation. My dealer already chatted with Brandon over at Graves about this.
Then fabricate something so that it does fit.:thumbup

· bleedin' blue
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found a site that has one listed. fyi - they have a lot of Yamaha items for those in need.

MR Cycles

They're closed for the day, though, so I'm not sure if they really have the stay in stock.

IOW - if anyone else out there has a line on one then please pass me the info, thanks.

· Life is Fatal
581 Posts
Call sharkskins or graves, ask who makes the stay for their track fairings...worth a shot. Yami probably won't have one for a long time. New bike, parts wait = long.

· Life is Fatal
581 Posts
'Bout 9 months ago. It was a long grey winter, but the riding season is fantastic now. Getting into WMRRA racing a bit on my SV. Hope to head back to St Geroge in about a year. Moved for Job and Woman, Getting married next month, etc, etc. Wish I would have been in utah for your more recent "Adventures" We'll hook up for some rides one day...

· Banned
9,609 Posts
9mile said:
'Bout 9 months ago. It was a long grey winter, but the riding season is fantastic now. Getting into WMRRA racing a bit on my SV. Hope to head back to St Geroge in about a year. Moved for Job and Woman, Getting married next month, etc, etc. Wish I would have been in utah for your more recent "Adventures" We'll hook up for some rides one day...
Well congrats! Marriage is the best thing man. And yes, we will definately hook up someday. Peace...........db

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.