Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started my bike the other day turned it off went to start it again press the starter button and the check engine light stays on with pressing starter button but no fire please help

·
Registered
58 Posts
Did nothing new battery
I can attest to this. Went cheap on the first battery I bought, did nothing without a jumpstart. Bought a firepower lithium for like 140 and now it fires right back up. I also had to replace my relay,turns out most aftermarket relays are wired backwards and OEM ones are impossible to find at least they were for me at the time. Likely cause is a battery, what matters most is CCA or cold cranking amps. My new battery is 220 CCA. I looked into the Shorai batteries but the Firepower battery had more CCA and a slightly lower cost.

·
Registered
58 Posts
It could be any number of these issues. I literally just got mine fixed and it was a crummy battery, even the first replacement I bought. I'd go and buy a really good battery and see if it solves the problem before you go digging around in your engine. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I took the state around nothing looks like that I put it all back together new battery and still does it show me said to tilt sensor could be bad. I ordered a new kickstand sensor also. It’s throwing codes 19,22,46,49

1 - 14 of 14 Posts