Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, for the 2nd time in a week my 04 has left me sitting on the side of the road. 1st time, one of the fans up front had chopped into the wires causing a code 11/12 and no start issue. Spliced the wires together in an Autozone parking lot and got running again. I did order a new wire assembly, the one that powers the injectors, crankcase sensor, and God knows what else.

Yesterday, the bike dies again, similar symptoms, just no codes. For some reason, fuel pump was getting no power intermittently. Every once in a while it would prime and run for a few seconds and then that was it, and it would die again. I had a spare relay lying around, so I replaced it as well the wire assembly that had arrived on Friday. Same issue. I also had a spare fuel pump whoch I put in there, and same thing. After some pondering about setting it on fire, I try it again, and it magically starts. Now it seems to be running fine. But before I try to bring it home, I wanted to see if anyone knows what the actual issue was/is.

When splicing the wires the first time, I had a hard time pulling the crankcase sensor harness apart to give me enough slack in the wires to strip and splice them, so I left it connected when doing the splicing. I'm wondering if I caused a lose wire somewhere inside that connection. But I would assume it would show a 12 code again. Also, I don't know if that would cause the ECU to keep power from the fuel pump relay.

Replacing the relay I would think would be either an instant fix or no fix. Not something that would take a few tries to start working.

I'm at a loss. I feel like the issue will resurface.

Anyone?

·
Registered
3 Posts
So have you found anything because my case is similar. I thought I had a fuel relay problem but changed it. And nothing, the engine turns but I guest the code 41 thats up on dash and the check engine light is on may be what's causing all this. I'm simply not getting any power over to my fuel pump.

·
Registered
28 Posts
So have you found anything because my case is similar. I thought I had a fuel relay problem but changed it. And nothing, the engine turns but I guest the code 41 thats up on dash and the check engine light is on may be what's causing all this. I'm simply not getting any power over to my fuel pump.
Had a similar problem on my 05, went through all the fault finding, swapping out, main fuse, main relay, going through the diag checks, was at a lose end, then read on here to check every connection, clean up all the earth points ect.
Found a really dirty connector (looked a bit like a relay) at side of fuse box,(behind left hand side fairing) stripped that out cleaned it up & hey presto it fired first push off the button.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts