Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
R1-Forum
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In preparing my 2004 R1 race bike, a few essential hardware items were needed; for those that haven’t seen the new 2004 R1 Ohlins shock or Ohlins steering damper, here you go:

additional images available upon request. (PM/e-mail).

A second set is soon to arrive for my street bike, in addition to one of the first orders placed for FG327 Ohlins forks for the 2004 R1 – pictures to follow in a few weeks.

Thanks!

·
OG Moderator
996 Posts
Ohlins, 'nuff said :rock

·
L8R2U
21,459 Posts
Saweeet:dollar

·
El Assholio Supremo del Mundo
10,685 Posts
I see my money was well spent.........:crash

·
02 for sale
591 Posts
Mark,

that new Ohlins shock looks very trick, Do you know why they decided to mount the preload adj to the shock reservoir?

By the way, I got the Harris tail, absolutely love it the fit is awesome. My race bike is almost entirely complete...save for the actual motor itself. Wish I could have bought the '04 to race.

John

·
Banned
31,561 Posts
martinc said:
Where they fasten the fender on those...beats me.
ya crazy glue it on!:lol

·
Driving the Big Brown Truck
1,715 Posts
I hate you !

·
El Assholio Supremo del Mundo
10,685 Posts
blur1 said:
ya crazy glue it on!:lol
:2bitchsla Everybody knows you use bubblegum and zip ties!! :crash

·
MY R1 ATE THE BANK!
1,447 Posts
VERY NICE!!:jump :jump

·
Thriller
3,610 Posts
Swwwwweeet. Nice goodies!

·
R1-Forum
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
jqd02R1:
Ohlins chose to mount the preload adjuster directly to the shock simply due to the limited availability of mounting locations without interfering with the exhaust. Glad to hear your pleased with the Harris tail/seat, the quality is excellent. You'll have to post a few pictures of your bike upon completion, as will I when with the 04' race bike is finished.

Thanks!

·
Team Hissho
62 Posts
VPREATR,

Looks good!! Man, you got too much money. I'd like to know what those two items set you back and where you found the best deal on them. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts