Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek: Right about now im driving myself insane for a new bike. Throught the past 3 years i have had 3 R6's and loved them to death for track racing, but latley ive wanted to go with the new 1000's. ive had a deposit on the 04 R1 for about 4 months now, and now there telling me that it will come in by the end of this month. Well, i sort of had enough with it, i was fedf up with waiting and put my deposit money down on a ZX-10 that was supposed to be at the shop by Monday. Now that i got home i realized what a big mistake i had just made. I just want everyones honest opinion on these 2 bikes. They both seem to be equal in power, but im a Yamaha guy and hate to see the R1 go. I just need to get cheered up. I havnt had a bike in 3 months and i have that major itch to ride. What do you think i should do?
 

· i need my bike before i snap
Joined
·
247 Posts
dude i just went through the same thing you are going through. i waited forever and i just got my blue 04 r1 last monday.. it pays to be patient because the r1 is a way better bike and it will pay off in the long run if you can be patient. the key word is patience. i phoned my dealer every week until it came in. the r1 is way better looking than the zx 10..
 

· L8R2U
Joined
·
21,430 Posts
chR1is said:
dude i just went through the same thing you are going through. i waited forever and i just got my blue 04 r1 last monday.. it pays to be patient because the r1 is a way better bike and it will pay off in the long run if you can be patient. the key word is patience. i phoned my dealer every week until it came in. the r1 is way better looking than the zx 10..
:iamwithst Get what you really want and wait:yesnod :yesnod
 

· Registered
Joined
·
782 Posts
The consensus from the magazines slowly looks like the R1 will be declared to be slightly better than the 10R.

Before I get flamed all to hell for caring about the magazines' opinions, let me just say that many of the magazine testers are racers and they have the benifit of riding all of the contenders.

Having stated the above, let me also add that I made my decision in September or October when the specs came out and I would not trade it for anything.

I am sure that they are both great bikes.
 

· WHEELIE KING-girls luvmyweiner
Joined
·
4,343 Posts
Honestly it would be a toss up:dunno
Dont get me wrong I love my R1 but they are both great bikes the Kaw puts out a little more horses, but the R1 looks way better, so like I said it would be a toss up
 

· Shut up and ride
Joined
·
2,498 Posts
bradsr1 said:
Honestly it would be a toss up:dunno
Dont get me wrong I love my R1 but they are both great bikes the Kaw puts out a little more horses, but the R1 looks way better, so like I said it would be a toss up
If you sit on it and it doesn't feel right, that bike is gonna hurt you one day. That is my honest opinion. I didn't say which bike, just stating my opinion. Be safe.
 

· Dark Horse
Joined
·
3,050 Posts
It sounds like you're regretting your decision already. It won't matter how great the ZX-10R turns out to be if you're not feeling the bike. Forget the magazines. Get the bike that appeals to YOU even if it's dead last in all the comparisons. You want to be able to look at your bike a year from now and feel that if you had to do it all over, you would've purchased the same bike. Don't let a two or three week wait turn into a purchase you regret.
 

· go till you blow the paint off
Joined
·
29 Posts
im in the same boat your in and theres no doubt that i will wait for my r1, the zx 10 could have 300 hp i still would go with the one, because it looks 500% better and do you honstly think 6 hp or what ever it is will make a difference?/// look at the 1/4 mile times they both are equal. and at the price of a 2 or 3 week wait its well worth years of pride and enjoyment for your new r1.
 

· Luv Buggin Yammy Drivers!
Joined
·
55 Posts
What I meant to say is the R1 "LOOKS" too computer generated...........too many sharp pointy lines etc plus they say the handling of the 10 is slightly better and more fun etc.
 

· 3W M078
Joined
·
216 Posts
NY2NJ said:
It sounds like you're regretting your decision already. It won't matter how great the ZX-10R turns out to be if you're not feeling the bike. Forget the magazines. Get the bike that appeals to YOU even if it's dead last in all the comparisons. You want to be able to look at your bike a year from now and feel that if you had to do it all over, you would've purchased the same bike. Don't let a two or three week wait turn into a purchase you regret.
I was going to say the same thing.:yesnod
 

· Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i see that everyone has there own opinion but tommorow im gunna just go get my deposit put on the 1. i dont know what i was thinking at that point of the ZX-10. it was just that im sick of wating. I have that Yamah fever. I cant wait till i get it, and i appreciate evryones insite on it. Thanx.:cool:
 

· Registered
Joined
·
390 Posts
Chill out I get what rubberpants is trying to say but I disagree. Many people consider the 04 R1's styling to look almost Italian. There actually seem to be LESS points and straight lines on it than the previous generations and far fewer than on the Kawasaki. I think both bikes are beautiful, the only reason I would get the Kawasaki is for the slipper and that dip in the R1's powerband. However having never ridden either one of them my opinion matters jack shit! No matter what anyone tells you to do you will almost always go with your instincts. Besides, no one really wants advice, they just want reassurance. I say get the prettier one!
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top