Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· 2006 R6R and new 2008 ZX10R
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is the rumour we have at the moment under discussion in Finnish motorcycle forum...

http://www.mp-foorumi.com/forum/showa.php?fid=6&tid=1860

Some Finnish forum member said his R1 agent has called yesterday and had got information from Germany that some 2004 R1 bike gearboxes had exploded in full speed causing serious accidents ??? 2004 R1 selling has been cancelled but they dont know more information at the moment....

I have wondered why my local Yamaha dealer in my hometown has not got any information when my new 2004 R1 will be imported to Finland ?
Some time ago they said... soon...but now they dont know ???or dont tell the real reason...

Now the forum members from Germany please...is this rumour false or true ???

· L8R2U
21,430 Posts
This cant be:(

· My R1 eats bugs.
64 Posts
KNEEDY R1 said:
This cant be:(
...and it probably isn't.

No offense to our Finnish friends, but I think there are more R1s in the States, and I think we'd have heard of this by now if it was a problem. Rumors are rampant with any new vehicle. I went through the same thing with my SVT Cobra last year, and virtually all of the wild rumors were untrue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.