Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I'm having intermittent problems shifting from 2 --> 3. This is the only gear I have the problem in. It just hangs and doesn't budge at all. I have to get the RPM's way up to get it to shift. When it doesn't happen all is well and shifts great. It has happen 6 times in 1200 miles. Any idea what may be causing this? Is this normal during break in? Cables are good and oiled. Everything from the exterior looks good.

--Dower
 

·
Power Hungry
Joined
·
330 Posts
My 9r did this. I just re-adjusted the clutch lever down a notch and it worked better. Maybe you're missing your shifts? Otherwise I'd take it back to the dealer and have them look into it.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,594 Posts
dower said:
OK, I'm having intermittent problems shifting from 2 --> 3. This is the only gear I have the problem in. It just hangs and doesn't budge at all. I have to get the RPM's way up to get it to shift. When it doesn't happen all is well and shifts great. It has happen 6 times in 1200 miles. Any idea what may be causing this? Is this normal during break in? Cables are good and oiled. Everything from the exterior looks good.

--Dower
Or your shifter needs to be adjusted. Have you taken her in for the 600 mile service?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: 2004 R1 Shifting Problem

r1-superstar said:
Or your shifter needs to be adjusted. Have you taken her in for the 600 mile service?
Yep she has had her service and I changed the oil again at 1000.
 

·
The World's Laziest
Joined
·
1,703 Posts
E.Rob said:
its you clowndick, learn how to shift.

Wow. What a clowndick you are. :2bitchsla Guy has a legitimate problem dumbass. Stupid troll
 

·
USMC/0369 1986-2008
Joined
·
5,662 Posts
Had the same problem with my 02. The Problem was me - not the bike! I asked the same question as well.

Just shift at a higher rpm, since then NO PROBS!
 

·
GO CHIEFS!!!
Joined
·
6,870 Posts
My 02 behaved similarly when I first got it. The problem seemed to just go away though as it hasn't had any problems in a very long time... Since it is brand new and under warranty, I'd go ahead and take it to the dealer just to be on the safe side...

- BA
 

·
Shut up and ride
Joined
·
2,359 Posts
No_6 said:
Dealership. Use that warranty! Good luck and fill us in on what you find out.
:iamwithst

That's the smartest answer I have heard so far. They will check it out and let you know if it's the bike or your riding.
 

·
No soup for you!
Joined
·
2,854 Posts
shyong said:
Wow. What a clowndick you are. :2bitchsla Guy has a legitimate problem dumbass. Stupid troll


:lol does troll mean something? or just good insult
 

·
SpidermanSS killer.
Joined
·
1,268 Posts
my 2000 did somethinglike that. It would get hung between gears every little bit. You would hear the gears grinding until it caught and meshed together. I used to blip the throttle slightly when shifting and it stopped doing it.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top