Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
MMMMMMMMM3
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm contemplating in selling my bike because I haven't had much time to ride her due to my work schedule.

I purchased the bike new in July 2004 and it currently has around 5,000 miles (I can find out the exact mileage ). I also purchased the extended warranty which I believe is due to expire in July 2008. The bike is currently back to stock and is in excellent condition. Oil changed every 1,000 miles! Always washed after every ride. Waxed once a month. The bike has never been down or took to the track.

The bike has the following:

1) Yamaha Frame Sliders
2) Yamaha Rear Swing Arm Spools
3) Tinted Zero Gravity Screen
4) Pig Spotters (mirrors)

I replaced the battery about a year ago.

Also, I had the rod bearings replaced under warranty by Yamaha back in 2005 because of the infamous Yamaha "tick".

If you would like to see the the bike, it is located in West Palm Beach, Florida.

Again, this thread is to gauge interest in selling my bike. I have yet to determine if I'll be selling her, however, I'll make that decision shortly or base on the interest I get in the bike.

Asking $ 6,500.

Let me know what you guys think!

Attachments

·
05 R1 are the meanest machine
39 Posts
WoW!! $6500 Man Im Stationed up at Charleston AFB But curently here In Iraq I'll be home begining of Jan If incubus3 sells his bike before I get back I will Definitly be down Your way to pick that beautiful thing up from U:thumbup

·
Registered
35 Posts
lol thats a long ass ride, but if nothin else comes up, i guess im gonna have to look into that ( i hope that bike can make it that far )

p.s. what is covered under that warranty you got?

·
MMMMMMMMM3
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lol thats a long ass ride, but if nothin else comes up, i guess im gonna have to look into that ( i hope that bike can make it that far )

p.s. what is covered under that warranty you got?
Its the extended warranty that I purchased when the bike was new. I think it shoud cover all mechanical parts plus the cost of inconvenience to you, meaning if you had to stay overnight in a hotel or something. I can check into this.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.