Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
slowest rider ..rides in front
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really had a thing for the E55 but I'm starting to think that 05 M5 is far superior to the E55. Actually I know it is. The thing is Mercedes brand has a bling bling ring to the name. BMW is more conservative. The M5 is V10 natural aspirated @ 500 bhp w/ a redline @ 8500rpm. I believe the E55 is supercharged (most of AMG's are supercharged or turbo). I would take a natural aspirated engine over a supercharged or torbo engine anyday.

So my question is .. would you go BMW or Mercedes (Ultimate Sports Sedan)?

·
If my R6 had boobs,I'd lick'em
1,633 Posts
hmmm....v10.......or supercharged v8........bmw m5 with the v10...for sure. Mercedes lost its bling bling sound when it started selling a car for under 30k and every ghetto person in the dallas/ft. worth area bought one and put spinning rims on them lol

·
No title
693 Posts
M5's have traditionally been available ONLY with manual (6-speed) trans., while MB-AMG cars have had ONLY slushboxes. I don't see anything happening different this time around, although the M5 will get a clutchless manual option. This tells you most of what you need to know about the intended market for the car, and your preference in transmission should lead you to the right car.

P.S. M5 ALL THE WAY!

(Edit for spelling)

·
Dis Microphone Explodes
3,064 Posts
i find that mercedes is the elegant, luxurious ride (as well as being fast) while the m5 is racier and more compact. personally, i like them both for different reasons. i would have to really think about which one i would actually prefer.

·
06 is my year
1,062 Posts
I took an E55 for a test drive the other day. The car has a set of balls under the hood. But as for looks, its stale. If I am going to lay ou the $76 grand on the car, its gotta look the part....

Therefore M5 is the winner!!!

·
see you at the races and ride
3,906 Posts
If I had to KEEP one of them for a long time I would go with the MBZ as I have had a couple and they age really well. You do not see very many older or high mileage BMW's do you. Here is my first one an 84' 190e. I drove that car for 14 years, drove it when I got married, when i brought both kids home from the hospital and My friends wife drives it everyday to this day. 250,000 miles later it has original paint and the only things that have been changed are the water pump ,alternator and the starter.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,712 Posts
i never liked bmw's, but that new m5 is incredible. it almost looks like the slick new look the 04R1 has... they'd go well together IMHO

·
INVICTUS
14,902 Posts
Ever since the day I got passed on the back straight at Sebring leading into turn 17 by an M5 with 3 passengers with helmets on waving bye bye to me , I have believed this is the car of the gods. I was in a prepped Corrado VR6 with a Garret chip , ABT throttle body , Schrick 268 cams and VSR intake, 3in Autopower catback gutted. I was also rolling out of turn 16 and running at about 140mph. The M5 just rolled by me like I was out of gas. The embarrasing part was when the passengers turned around and waved with helmets on. If there was a picture of this I was definately the one being owned. M5 all the way for driveability and separation status from the herd.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts