Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 R1, Factory Racing Blue, 3700 miles, brand new condition. $9,000.
The bike is mostly stock, I've only done a couple appearance mods to the bike. I have pics available to anyone interested, just pm me and I'll send'em to those interested in buying. I may post one up just so ya'll can see it. It's pretty stock though and we all know what they look like. Pretty much the only reason I'm selling is because I'm trying to buy a new house and I need the down payment.
The bike is currently in Va Beach, VA, but I live in northern VA and could have it brought up here. If you think the price is too steep, let me know what you think, write me and let me know what you think would be a good fair price.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tough crowd!!!

This is a tough crowd, there's no one in the Mid-Atlantic area looking for an outstanding bike??? I find that hard to believe. Come on, someone give me something to work with.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya know something, I'm glad nobody wanted to buy my bike. Becaue that means that I'll be able to keep it. I've also been doing some research and am considering getting into racing this next year or so. Stay cool.:cool:

·
Ride or Die !!
900 Posts
Cool, but you would have to get into the 8's in order to be competitive in price, as this time of year buying bike are slow due to limited riding season. Also, the dealers are unloading their 05's and selling 06 for around MSRP.

Even the Kelley Blue Book on used 05 R1's is only $8635. Will need some serious mods to get someone to go into the 9's. Just my two cents....

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
K_FleXXX said:
Cool, but you would have to get into the 8's in order to be competitive in price, as this time of year buying bike are slow due to limited riding season. Also, the dealers are unloading their 05's and selling 06 for around MSRP.

Even the Kelley Blue Book on used 05 R1's is only $8635. Will need some serious mods to get someone to go into the 9's. Just my two cents....
Thanks for the input FleXXX. The last month or so I've been having a change of heart and am thinking about keeping it for another year or two. Anything after that I may as well just plan on keeping it forever. Which wouldn't be bad.

·
Ride or Die !!
900 Posts
neoo78 said:
Thanks for the input FleXXX. The last month or so I've been having a change of heart and am thinking about keeping it for another year or two. Anything after that I may as well just plan on keeping it forever. Which wouldn't be bad.

I hear ya Neo,
I'm in the same boat. I got the 03 up for sale but I'm having seconds thought as well. I just don't have the space to have a stable of bike:crash

·
Happiness starts @ 8k RPM
812 Posts
I dont understand people. KBB doesnt decide shit. Go check out KBB for a 1993 Ford Cobra. There were 499 made that year. KBB for an excellent Cobra with 125k on it and all options is $4000. You really think you can find one for less than half of that that is in "fair" condition? no. With everyone on here that keeps lowballing all of the bikes for sale, damn right the going price for the R1 is going to drop. Last year around this time, '04s were going for around 8700 average. But when 4 out of 5 people that see a bike for sale immediately jump in the thread and start telling that person to sell it for $8k and pay for shipping, and nobody else actually points out the actual value of the bike, the going price goes down. I think its pretty shitty that people can do that. 3000 miles is NOT ALOT for a bike. Unless youre an idiot and dont know how to care for a bike, 3000 is nowhere near too many, especially for A ONE YEAR OLD VEHICLE!

·
Registered
210 Posts
BottleRocket said:
I dont understand people. KBB doesnt decide shit. Go check out KBB for a 1993 Ford Cobra. There were 499 made that year. KBB for an excellent Cobra with 125k on it and all options is $4000. You really think you can find one for less than half of that that is in "fair" condition? no. With everyone on here that keeps lowballing all of the bikes for sale, damn right the going price for the R1 is going to drop. Last year around this time, '04s were going for around 8700 average. But when 4 out of 5 people that see a bike for sale immediately jump in the thread and start telling that person to sell it for $8k and pay for shipping, and nobody else actually points out the actual value of the bike, the going price goes down. I think its pretty shitty that people can do that. 3000 miles is NOT ALOT for a bike. Unless youre an idiot and dont know how to care for a bike, 3000 is nowhere near too many, especially for A ONE YEAR OLD VEHICLE!
Right on. 3k is nothing on a Jap bike. Valve inspection is not even until 26k miles. They are reliable as stone. On a side note, my 04 is for sale!

·
Motorcycling ****
354 Posts
BottleRocket said:
I dont understand people. KBB doesnt decide shit. Go check out KBB for a 1993 Ford Cobra. There were 499 made that year. KBB for an excellent Cobra with 125k on it and all options is $4000. You really think you can find one for less than half of that that is in "fair" condition?
Other than the obvious (the fox body Cobras were pieces of shit), the actual production numbers are:

Table 1: 1993 Cobra Production

Exterior Color

NumberProduced
Red

1784*
Black

Teal

Total

as for lowballing on R1's, it's all what the market is willing to bear. If people aren't willing to pay $9grand for it, then the "market" has spoken. No need to get pissed off at people for trying to get what they want for how much they want to pay.

·
Happiness starts @ 8k RPM
812 Posts
Sorry for the typo, forgot the 3 which makes a big difference but still, they were not pieces of shit. But I guess you might be a little biased since you drive a supra owner and I have yet to meet one that isnt an asshat.

j95supratt said:
Other than the obvious (the fox body Cobras were pieces of shit), the actual production numbers are:

Table 1: 1993 Cobra Production

Exterior Color

NumberProduced
Red

1784*
Black

Teal

Total

as for lowballing on R1's, it's all what the market is willing to bear. If people aren't willing to pay $9grand for it, then the "market" has spoken. No need to get pissed off at people for trying to get what they want for how much they want to pay.

·
Motorcycling ****
354 Posts
Ah, no worries, simple mistake, but yeah, I was thrown off there, cause I KNEW they weren't THAT rare ;)

if driving a better car makes me an asshat, then yeah, sure, I'm an asshat.

the reason I said they were pieces of shit is the fact that they only had 30more horses than a stock 5.0. My uncle (who is a great mechanic) had a 93 for a decade before he sold it, and it had endless problems, in spite of his perfect maint schedule he did on the car.

I just prefer the iron block, (stock) forged internals, dual knock sensors, getrag 6speed, torsen LSD, oh, and let's not forget the 320hp/315lbs ft TQ of the 93 Supra.

For a 5.0 liter V-8, sporting the "Cobra" badge, I would just expect a bit more than a tedious 235hp. Sorry if you're a fan of this car, but for that year, there were a hell of a lot better options.

14's isn't what I'd consider "fast" in the 1/4 mile...not by a long shot.

ANYWAY, back on topic, I still think that's a fair price...but no point in getting mad at people who just want a good deal. I'm concerned with my money more than I am the insignificant difference I'm going to make on the R1 market by getting the bike for a cheaper price.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I just bought an 05 R1 blue with 1250 miles and the following:

Graves Ti oval slipons with Y pipe
Graves Velocity stacks
Graves frame and clutch sliders
Graves fender eliminator
Yamaha bike cover
Yamaha rear seat cowl
Graves swingarm spools
PCIII USB

owned by a 55 y/o CPA who absolutely babied the bike for 8850 so yeah I think your price of 9k for a stock bike is a bit high.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.