Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Like The Rising Phoenix
2,835 Posts
I run coolant from whatever auto parts store I go to when I need it. I just get the unmixed stuff and add my own water to it. Gives me 2 gallons when done that way, so ends up a little cheaper. I've also ran Liquid Performance when I went to the track more, good stuff but it gets expensive.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
My engine sounds great everyone, but I am getting some clutch noise. I researched some forums and found out the rivets on the back of the basket can wear into it causing those springs back there to become loose and rattle. Has anyone ever dealt with this? Is the only solution to buy a new one or a used low mileage basket? Thanks

·
Registered
'08 r1
2,640 Posts
I figured that. I always heard Yamaha manuals aren’t the greatest. Since I only bought one I’ll just end up using different washers to keep them even. Smh
The '07-'08 manual is a masterpiece. The technical writer deserves some kind of formal recognition. One of the best service manuals I've ever used.

I don't know about the '04-'06 manual.

Kawasaki manuals are pretty good too.

Suzuki manuals though, those are, their own thing. They aren't unusable, but, they lack some refinement.

·
Like The Rising Phoenix
2,835 Posts
On the 05 R1, is there really only one washer on the left side of the adjuster bolt and not the right? #32 in the picture. Seems odd that theres only one, I got rid of my swingarm extensions and needed new adjuster bolts/nuts, and came across that washer
Should be on on each side. And its the same part number, Partzilla has it shown on both.

Reactions: Frankieantonio

·
Like The Rising Phoenix
2,835 Posts
My engine sounds great everyone, but I am getting some clutch noise. I researched some forums and found out the rivets on the back of the basket can wear into it causing those springs back there to become loose and rattle. Has anyone ever dealt with this? Is the only solution to buy a new one or a used low mileage basket? Thanks
Sorry, can't be much help with this one for you. My 05 had the clutch replaced with an STI slipper clutch setup many many many years ago. Worth the money though.

·
Like The Rising Phoenix
2,835 Posts
I hear nothing but good things. Seems to be one of those you get what you pay for deals.
Yeah for sure, they are really awesome build quality. And its been pretty much a install it and forget about it kind of deal. Granted I also did full graves CF disks so I wouldn't have to worry about the clutch disks either. Been a great setup though.

Reactions: 1202067

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Hey all, back with another question this time about the EXUP valve. Ill send a couple pictures, mine doesn’t seem to be in the right spot and I cant seem to get it in the right spot with the cable adjusters. (My key was on but the bike was off in the picture.) It revs up and rides good with good response, but I’m thinking maybe it could be breathing better if properly adjusted. Maybe I need to take it out and reposition it? Has anybody ever messed with this before on the 04-06? Or any similar EXUP

Attachments

61 - 80 of 92 Posts