Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
'08 r1
2,640 Posts
I've got a couple on mine too I'm sure. Been knocking the dust off putting her back together for the last month and a half. After my last debacle with fairings I have another set ordered. They should be here in the next month and a half. Then I can ride again.

At least she starts now and the headlights work.

Glad you've got yours up and running bud, and with the exup sorted out, she'll have plenty of power for you.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Looking forward to riding it again because it did have a lot of power to begin with. But with the exup operating now I’m guessing it will run even better and faster. I’m dealing with new fairings too at the moment also, patience is a virtue with those haha also my right upper rad water pipe is leaking because the previous owner went down and must of cracked it and tried to fix it. New one is on the way thanks to partzilla.

Attachments

·
Registered
'08 r1
2,640 Posts
Looking forward to riding it again because it did have a lot of power to begin with. But with the exup operating now I’m guessing it will run even better and faster. I’m dealing with new fairings too at the moment also, patience is a virtue with those haha also my right upper rad water pipe is leaking because the previous owner went down and must of cracked it and tried to fix it. New one is on the way thanks to partzilla.
God bless boats.net/partzilla/out door network (ODN), they're doing the lords work.

·
Like The Rising Phoenix
2,835 Posts
Sounds like your getting it all sorted. Good to hear.

·
Like The Rising Phoenix
2,835 Posts
It was very close to being a part out, glad its being revived back to life!
I've been there with my 05 as well, just can never bring myself to part with it. I've had it since brand new, only vehicle I've ever bought new, and I've got so much work and time in it. Just never seems right to get rid of it. But it is getting a little harder to be able to fix it when things go wrong. So many aftermarket parts, that I don't think they even make anymore. But yeah your doing a great job, just keep at it. Your just about done now and can really start to enjoy it.

Reactions: 1202067
81 - 92 of 92 Posts