Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· "What"
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently experienced a weird issue with my headlights and dash,my dash light works only when you turn the ignition on and then disappears once the bike has been started.

My main headlights don't work period but did yesterday,my high beams don't work when you wish to turn them on and leave them on BUT will work if you use the pass switch.

So far i've done,

Replaced with a brand new battery
Checked the fuse,looked a little old so replaced with new
Checked all fuses and there fine
Removed all connections and sprayed with contact cleaner.

My next area which i'll be looking is possibly the relay underneath the seat, any advice won't hurt at this stage.

· "What"
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not with a wire brush,some connection cleaning tool we have,gave it a quick clean as it looked all new. I wasn't sure what connector it was so we ended up cleaning all.

Correct me if i'm wrong,the connectors are on the left underneath the piece that the side fairing bolts to?.

· "What"
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Checked in an hour or so ago,turns out that one of the ports was a little black hence causing the problem.

We got in there with a file and cleaned both sides,sprayed with contact cleaner and let it dry,at first i thought the high beams weren't working and i realised that the bike needs to be started for them to work.

All is working good so far,dash light is back and everything working normally.

I appreciate the advice and assistance.

· "What"
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Had a look and we chucked shit out not so long ago,will be picking some up tomorrow arvo,now i can finally see how the adjusted suspension is on Saturday.

Thank you Spanega

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.