Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey new to the group and also a new rider. I have a 2005 R1 and I started noticing that as I'm riding and at low throttle my bike wants 2 cut off but then turns back on and gives a lil jerk. Sometimes it turns off all the way and I had to pop the clutch to turn it back on. What could be causing this.

·
Registered
'08 r1
1,045 Posts
Have you checked you battery and charging system? Also have you gotten a service manual?

It's also worth checking the side stand switch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought a new battery and when I got the bike had them give it a tune up n to go over everything so not sure if they missed something....I dnt know what or where that side stand switch is 🤦🏽‍♂️😅

·
Registered
'08 r1
1,045 Posts
Ah, take it back to them then, they'll sort you. If you feel like chasing the issue yourself, download the service manual and locate the side stand switch and look up how to trouble shoot it. Also look at the section on the charging system and follow the test procedure. You'll need a volt meter and some wrenches.

A quick test for the side stand switch is to put the bike in neutral, start it with the stand down, put it in gear and see if it dies. Then lift the side stand and start it and tap the side stand with your foot (gently). If it dies, you may need to replace the return spring on the switch or adjust or replace the switch.

Good luck bud.

·
I'm dying for some football!
317 Posts
Hey new to the group and also a new rider. I have a 2005 R1 and I started noticing that as I'm riding and at low throttle my bike wants 2 cut off but then turns back on and gives a lil jerk. Sometimes it turns off all the way and I had to pop the clutch to turn it back on. What could be causing this.
It could be your throttle sensors. This is a known issue in the 04-06 R1's. I had similar issues where the bike would almost cut off at low throttle. I had them replaced and it's running fine now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts