Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

My 2005 R1 is due a yearly service next month, this will be it's second 'yearly' service - the bike has done about 15,000 miles all together.

Apart from the EXUP valve, is there anything specific I should be asking the dealership to check during the servive? Anything that wouldn't necessarily appear on a servicing schedule but can come back to bite me if i don't get it checked?

Many thanks

Roly

·
Premium Member
13,935 Posts
Hi there,

My 2005 R1 is due a yearly service next month, this will be it's second 'yearly' service - the bike has done about 15,000 miles all together.

Apart from the EXUP valve, is there anything specific I should be asking the dealership to check during the servive? Anything that wouldn't necessarily appear on a servicing schedule but can come back to bite me if i don't get it checked?

Many thanks

Roly
As long as the dealer does his job properly, the EXUP is the only thing worth mentioning. When you have your full service at 21k smiles, that's when it'd be nice to know if things like fork oil is replaced, linkage/pivot bearings are greased etc, not just valves checked/adjusted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.