Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

741 - 760 of 796 Posts

·
I'm an Englishman in WI.
33,631 Posts
And the front brake rotor bolt holes also fit and align?

Yes.
If you check Galfer, for example, you'll see it's the same part number for 04-06 as it is for 15.
Mountings haven't changed, just 07-14 went with 310mm instead of 320mm.
You can't down size but with 5mm spacers you can run 320's on the 07-14 models.

·
Live ur passion
196 Posts
Yes.
If you check Galfer, for example, you'll see it's the same part number for 04-06 as it is for 15.
Mountings haven't changed, just 07-14 went with 310mm instead of 320mm.
You can't down size but with 5mm spacers you can run 320's on the 07-14 models.
Great info. And the benefit of running 320 over 310 is more contact patch and more heat dispensed?

·
Chef R1
8,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #748
Great info. And the benefit of running 320 over 310 is more contact patch and more heat dispensed?

310mm is less rotating mass and honestly you don't really use the entire 320 rotor I think. Same heat I imagine. You can use the M rotors on the older bikes no problem just need spacers as ian said for stock 310 bike.

PS, did the rear plus new reservoir...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Chef R1
8,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #750
Turned the bike on the other day and the clutch was slipping bad. Tried to adjust it no difference. So I pulled the clutch off and everything looks fine. Even measured the clutch stack it’s 42.5mm. Not sure what’s up. Gonna put it back together and ride it. See what happens....ugghhh

·
Registered
24 Posts
This thread is awesome and give me so much hope for what my 2006 Raven's future could be like! Now I just need to save the funds to make it happen! Thanks for the OP's pictures and descriptions of mods! Thanks to all those who've participated as well! Looking forward to my own Raven R1 makeover!

·
Chef R1
8,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #756
This thread is awesome and give me so much hope for what my 2006 Raven's future could be like! Now I just need to save the funds to make it happen! Thanks for the OP's pictures and descriptions of mods! Thanks to all those who've participated as well! Looking forward to my own Raven R1 makeover!

Your welcome and thanks for reading up on the thread.

I’ve been holding back but this just came in few months ago....more details to come once it’s done...

741 - 760 of 796 Posts
About this Discussion
795 Replies
47 Participants
[email protected]@alltimes
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing