Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

761 - 780 of 796 Posts

·
THEONEGTIVR6
1,329 Posts
I want a sweet top triple clamp for my 04, let me know if ya know of one I could purchase.

·
THEONEGTIVR6
1,329 Posts
He can make them but needs measurements etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh I was thinking he had done one for your 04/06 possibly where he already had the program and all. Mine is all stock though so I can see where even then yours would probably be different with ohlins forks and all.

·
THEONEGTIVR6
1,329 Posts
I’m a machinist myself but it’s so hard to even get access to the machinery let alone the time at the shop to do it. I myself am in the lathe Dept so I do have access to a lathe pretty much at all times. Which does no good here.

·
Chef R1
8,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #765
Oh I was thinking he had done one for your 04/06 possibly where he already had the program and all. Mine is all stock though so I can see where even then yours would probably be different with ohlins forks and all.

The one I posted is actually a mock-up of the M1 triple that fits on my 2015, but it’s got IMAs now...

·
THEONEGTIVR6
1,329 Posts
Wow now that is sweet for sure. I’ve wondered if I could remove my stock piece and make it pretty by doing a little machine work here and there. But I’d never trust it after.

·
THEONEGTIVR6
1,329 Posts
Installed and calibrated the PZRacing from slowboy, very nice piece I might add.

Bled the brakes after installing the Evotech reservoir...and had to dismount the front wheel again to re-seat the valve stems, front tire was leaking air...phew that had me worried.

Just waiting on my 1carbontech chain guard, brembo clutch lever and driven bar ends.

Recheduled the suspension apt for this Friday due to rain.

Will be takin it to Ivans Performance for a custom map and ECU flash..

I have ridden fast R1's but this thing is gonna be bonkers..:nforc:

I must of shed over 35 lbs with just wheels, Ti exhaust and all the other crap I removed...

So did you actually take the bike to ivans or just send him the ecu?? I’m doing mine over this winter and already bought a Pc3 which is required with his flash. I’ll be installing a new arrow full system as well. I am not sure if I will need anything for my exup removal or what?? I remember I did a full system on my 02 r1 and it never threw any codes but maybe I left the cables on?? Curious, if you was to leave the cables plugged in will that keep it from throwing a code? I’m definitely removing them on this bike but I’m wondering why I never had any issues with my 02 r1. I plan to send Ivan my ecu/Pc3 but if needed I’ll take the whole bike to him. Not sure where he even is. I’m in Ky.

·
THEONEGTIVR6
1,329 Posts
YEC Aluminum Oil Catch Tank purchased... Still looking for a race rad, samco hoses and a swinger... Never ends!!!!
What’s this oil catch tank?? I’ll be removing my emissions crap and adding block off plates etc and this is the first I’ve ever heard of a oil catch can for a r1. Sorry for all these post but I’m just reading this whole thread being I’m doing up my 5vy this winter. I’ve accumulated quite a bit over the year or so I’ve owned it.
I see the catch can didn’t work anyway, I know what they are but didn’t know we needed them on the r1. What do they have some kind of oil hose running into the airbox or something?? If so it’s gotta go.

·
THEONEGTIVR6
1,329 Posts
Just finished the whole thread. Totally awesome can’t wait to get mine all done this winter.
Also just looked up ivans performance and he is currently moving shop to Greenville SC.
where was he before?? I thought he was in New York???

·
Chef R1
8,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #770
So did you actually take the bike to ivans or just send him the ecu?? I’m doing mine over this winter and already bought a Pc3 which is required with his flash. I’ll be installing a new arrow full system as well. I am not sure if I will need anything for my exup removal or what?? I remember I did a full system on my 02 r1 and it never threw any codes but maybe I left the cables on?? Curious, if you was to leave the cables plugged in will that keep it from throwing a code? I’m definitely removing them on this bike but I’m wondering why I never had any issues with my 02 r1. I plan to send Ivan my ecu/Pc3 but if needed I’ll take the whole bike to him. Not sure where he even is. I’m in Ky.
Sorry, I never got notified regarding your posts. I just brought Ivan the entire bike since I am around 90 mins away so he could take care of it. You can mail him both ECU and PC3 and he will load them up with his maps. He is in NY.

What’s this oil catch tank?? I’ll be removing my emissions crap and adding block off plates etc and this is the first I’ve ever heard of a oil catch can for a r1. Sorry for all these post but I’m just reading this whole thread being I’m doing up my 5vy this winter. I’ve accumulated quite a bit over the year or so I’ve owned it.
I see the catch can didn’t work anyway, I know what they are but didn’t know we needed them on the r1. What do they have some kind of oil hose running into the airbox or something?? If so it’s gotta go.
Its a trick part to have, sort of, one day when I throw track bodywork on her. But for now, not necessary.

Just finished the whole thread. Totally awesome can’t wait to get mine all done this winter.
Also just looked up ivans performance and he is currently moving shop to Greenville SC.
where was he before?? I thought he was in New York???
Thanks, glad you liked it! I didn't know he was moving, ty for letting me know.

In the meantime, i've been very lucky and fortunate to have this arm from a great long lost yamaha brother...you know who you are....TY!!!

I have my machinist busy making me a replica endurace kit (came with arm but borrowed to copy then return) for my Dymag CF wheel. Basically, everything stays captive, sprocket, chain, caliper and bracket, and the wheel just slides out and back in. Similar to what they use at endurance races I imagine.

Here are some pics, arm should be ready to mock up end of March, and then its time to decide on finish. Hand polish with clear or bead blast with clear....maybe chrome did...lol

Pics of the original endurance kit, arm and wheel. And pic of my new machined cush for Dymag next to the stock cush...

Attachments

·
kickin' at the darkness
9,995 Posts
Sorry, I never got notified regarding your posts. I just brought Ivan the entire bike since I am around 90 mins away so he could take care of it. You can mail him both ECU and PC3 and he will load them up with his maps. He is in NY.
Ivan does beautiful work..

in 2016 i had him re-flash my 2014 Star Yamaha Raiders ecu. But because of the limited capabilities provided by Yamaha in the 1st place, it was 'flawed'

fast forward (a few months) Yamaha worked directly with him to embed 'his' work onto new 2017 models... Because, the man!! :lol

he then re-engineered said upgrades to these amazing bikes using Star's new fueling and when i called him in spring of 2018 a
brand new flash was ready, along with a base PCV fuel map i have used within AUTO-TUNE to come up with a perfectly clean
5 gear custom fuel map!! Its all about braggin' rights now.. No other Raider rides like this bitch locally :no

the cost of said major update? ZERO.! subsequent re-flash files are included FREE with purchase of original reflash, you only pay shipping :fact

technically speaking his re-worked fuel map doesnt require further tuning, but i still found my beast ran a little rich. :sneaky :yesnod

·
Chef R1
8,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #773
Is it time to resurrect this thread again?!?!?!

Harris arm is almost ready to go on the bike.

Found this new in the box from Japan today, always loved the Arata exhaust!

And also found the I2M chrome pro dash, same one I use on my 2015 R1M race bike for sale, and I couldn’t help myself!!!

Betsy is gonna look good driving to Starbucks over the summer

·
Hope is what makes us Human.
8,397 Posts
Some good stuff there...Never seen that Dash before???

·
Chef R1
8,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #776
Some good stuff there...Never seen that Dash before???

Hi Ben, I was just admiring your bike on FB the other day. Lovely everything, arm, wheels, suspension, pull cups

You must of heard of I2M Chrome Pro for dashboards, no? Got one on the racebike and it’s lovely, lots of data logging features.

PS, my Harris arm should be ready in a few weeks, can’t wait!! Your bike looks amazing!!!

·
THEONEGTIVR6
1,329 Posts
Ivan is the man. He is rough around the edges but very intelligent!

Ruben

Was going to take my bike to him last month but he told me he does not do any specific bike tuning?? So I can get his ecu flash and try his fuel map but would have no idea how it would even work on my bike. I would think I would have to then also go to get a custom tune after his service.
So I have no idea on if I should get the flash and try it all out or just take my bike to someone who will do a custom tune for my bike.
Also when installing my full arrow system will I need one of these exup delete plugs to keep from getting a check engine light??Or will this be something the flash will take care of ?? If not can you recommend what plug or servo eliminator thing I need??

·
Chef R1
8,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #778
Was going to take my bike to him last month but he told me he does not do any specific bike tuning?? So I can get his ecu flash and try his fuel map but would have no idea how it would even work on my bike. I would think I would have to then also go to get a custom tune after his service.
So I have no idea on if I should get the flash and try it all out or just take my bike to someone who will do a custom tune for my bike.
Also when installing my full arrow system will I need one of these exup delete plugs to keep from getting a check engine light??Or will this be something the flash will take care of ?? If not can you recommend what plug or servo eliminator thing I need??

Hey Jake, I don’t remember needing an exup delete for the 5VY 2004-2006. And I would goto Bauce racing in NJ for a custom tune and be done with it. You don’t really need the flash to be honest. You just need a power commander or I forget the other brand.

Are you close to NJ?

761 - 780 of 796 Posts
About this Discussion
795 Replies
47 Participants
[email protected]@alltimes
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing