Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

781 - 796 of 796 Posts

·
THEONEGTIVR6
1,329 Posts
Hey Jake, I don’t remember needing an exup delete for the 5VY 2004-2006. And I would goto Bauce racing in NJ for a custom tune and be done with it. You don’t really need the flash to be honest. You just need a power commander or I forget the other brand.

Are you close to NJ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m in Kentucky and have heard of a tuner in Louisville can’t remember his name. NJ would be a trip but I’m willing to travel to get things done right. I was really wanting the fans temp lowered and ivans the only one who does that. Grrr. I see his flash say eliminates low gear power limiter, does the 04/06 really have a power limiter in the lower gears?? These things are what make me want the flash but if there is no low gear power limiter in stock form I could probably do without the flash. It also claims to disable fuel cut?? Whatever that means and also reprogram subthrottles for max power at all rpms.
Does a dyno tuner do all of this stuff or just fueling only??
His flash reads like it really unleashed the bike. I have a full system to install once I figure out what I’m going to do.

·
Chef R1
8,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #783
I’m in Kentucky and have heard of a tuner in Louisville can’t remember his name. NJ would be a trip but I’m willing to travel to get things done right. I was really wanting the fans temp lowered and ivans the only one who does that. Grrr. I see his flash say eliminates low gear power limiter, does the 04/06 really have a power limiter in the lower gears?? These things are what make me want the flash but if there is no low gear power limiter in stock form I could probably do without the flash. It also claims to disable fuel cut?? Whatever that means and also reprogram subthrottles for max power at all rpms.

Does a dyno tuner do all of this stuff or just fueling only??

His flash reads like it really unleashed the bike. I have a full system to install once I figure out what I’m going to do.

In that case do the flash and just download a tune from the Power Commander website. Then you’ll be happy I bet!!

·
Klaus Von Slowpoke
5,763 Posts

Attachments

·
THEONEGTIVR6
1,329 Posts
That arata exhaust does look awesome, has the crossover tubes and the o2 bung welded on and everything. I also like the old school cans that have the ends that stick out like those do. This is how my arrow cans look too. Is that arata system titanium or stainless??
My arrow system does not have the o2 bung welded in I would have thought it would.

·
Chef R1
8,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #787
Always bothered me, the Ohlins gas-assist preload collars. How often do most people change their pre-load setting? And how hard is it to do? To me, it wasn't worth taking up the extra space, I swapped mine out for a Traxxion Dynamics manual collar and saved having to bolt on the Ohlins adjuster.

https://traxxion.com/product/shock-preload-collars-pc-o/

:hellobye

Not often, I set it and forget it. Traxxion makes some suspension as well!

That arata exhaust does look awesome, has the crossover tubes and the o2 bung welded on and everything. I also like the old school cans that have the ends that stick out like those do. This is how my arrow cans look too. Is that arata system titanium or stainless??

My arrow system does not have the o2 bung welded in I would have thought it would.

Yea, made installation allot easier. And I’ve been missing the old school snout look. It’s gong to be nostalgic again.

Test fitted a few parts today, need to finish measurements for brake side bracket and rotors spacers.

·
THEONEGTIVR6
1,329 Posts
Wow that swing arm!!! Have ya thought about powder coating it black to match the frame?? Looks good either way I will say.

·
Chef R1
8,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #795
OMG, try to explain us, how to install that... IM INTERESTED

I have a YouTube video install on the M here, but if you have questions lemme know!!!

Exquisite! :corn

Thank you sir!

Amazing build!

I do have a question though. What license plate adapter were you using? Been trying to find one like that for my 06' with no real luck.

Thank you!! Some L brackets from Home Depot lol

Very nice! The prettiest R1 model with the best bling possible. :thumbup:

Thank you but Ian takes the cake in that aspect. His build definitely inspired me on both my bikes.

781 - 796 of 796 Posts
About this Discussion
795 Replies
47 Participants
[email protected]@alltimes
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing