Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I want my $2 dollars
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
STILL LOVE MY R1.. but I was thinking f buying a busa as well.. UNTILL I heard about the new Kawasaki 14R.. Anyone know what its pushing for power??? I heard 200HP but not sure..

:dunno

·
Administrator
24,867 Posts
Did a little search.... found this quote.

Kawasaki’s just announced ZX14 company flagship boasts 1400cc, much slipperier aerodynamics and the most horsepower and highest top speed of any production motorcycle EVER! The publicity conscious Kawasaki is keeping mum on the exact figures but the rumours emanating from Japan indicate we are just about to see the world’s first 200bhp production motorcycle.

·
Getting Back
1,177 Posts
http://www.ZX14Ninja.com/

Ugliest bike ever. 1352cc engine. Higher riding position than the busa, so your not so stretched out. 100 LBS/ft Torque (Estimate) 200 HP (estimate). Read the site for more info. Hope that helps....

:sleep

·
Habs for life
1,273 Posts
I see no on e has noticed that if you look at the specs, it states [email protected] WHEEL, which makes it approx. 220-230 at the crank, which seems hard to believe, given the agreement between the manufacturers, and if so, then all bets are off, and look for the others to follow...yikes!...i dont believe that is a good thing for ALL riders to have control of, maybe a few, but, overkill defiantely, even though i love power. If its a typo and still [email protected], which by displacement is not a stretch to believe, thats still alot obviously. But its fugly!!! (this rider's opinion), and maybe its just me, but it just doesnt seem right. My vision of a bike that fast going down the road, with the rider crouched behind the windshield, looks more like a GP bike as apose to a fat, concept looking, blue blob.

You decide:dunno

·
Registered
502 Posts
All Smiles said:
I see no on e has noticed that if you look at the specs, it states [email protected] WHEEL, which makes it approx. 220-230 at the crank, which seems hard to believe, given the agreement between the manufacturers, and if so, then all bets are off, and look for the others to follow...yikes!...i dont believe that is a good thing for ALL riders to have control of, maybe a few, but, overkill defiantely, even though i love power. If its a typo and still [email protected], which by displacement is not a stretch to believe, thats still alot obviously. But its fugly!!! (this rider's opinion), and maybe its just me, but it just doesnt seem right. My vision of a bike that fast going down the road, with the rider crouched behind the windshield, looks more like a GP bike as apose to a fat, concept looking, blue blob.

You decide:dunno
Wow-All Smiles really doesnt sound all smiley...

·
What the...?
1,053 Posts
I will bet that the ZX-14 will not have an honest to goodness 200 rwhp when measured on the MCN dyno. A stock busa and ZX-12 each have around 160. Let's think rationally. 200 rwhp would=ludicrous speed. And we all know what happens at ludicrous speed.

·
It's small but it handles well
1,156 Posts
Seems like it would have made more sense to call it a ZX13.5R

·
RUSH HOUR RIDERS
2,374 Posts
With a few cosmetic mods I think the new ZX14 could be a good looking bike. Can't wait to see what it looks like in person at the next International Motorcycle Show.

·
Mile High No More
320 Posts
I would wait until the 07 Hayabusa comes out. Plus the Kawi ZX12 resale is horrible so if you wait until the end of the year when they get marked down to 8900.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Kawasaki is claiming 190 hp. All their past claims have been in crank hp, so that's what they're talking about now. Anyone who believes 200hp at the wheel is lacking some knowledge about engines and hp. And 190 crank hp is nothing to scoff at. That's about 170 at the wheel.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.