Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, been thinking of installing a Quickshifter on my 06 R1. How difficult and pricey would this get? What would be required? I tried looking for some guides but couldn't find anything interesting.

Would love to hear your thoughts on this!

·
Registered
26 Posts
It depends on what you consider "budget"... I personally have a Healtech QSE and I love it. Easy to install and set up.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Do you already have a Powercommander III or V. I have a PCV, used the PC quickshifter. works super... however if you do not then the healtech one is also an option... might be more pricey as a stand alone then the one linked in previous messages.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have a power commander. Not sure if I even need one? What would be a reasoning to get one?

The linked one looks like a budget friendly one but idk if it needs a power commander. Gonna do some reading on that page!

As for QSE, does it need a power commander?

Also what about the shiftrod and where it's actually located. Does this become a problem?

·
223 Posts
I got annitori qs. if you have small hands you can install without lifting fuel tank; just remove one cooling fan. I rarely use the qs.

power commander stops spark and fuel; annitori only stops spark

annitori racing customer service is excellent - no need for power commander

·
Is this thing ON???
285 Posts
I've also been contemplating adding a QS to my '05... I already have a PCV... so would the DJ quick shifter be the most logical one to add???

·
Registered
133 Posts
I went with the Flash Tune quick-shifter and had the quick shifter function activated in my ECU by Superbike Unlimited. Pretty sure that's the cheapest option you're going to find especially if you've already been flashed by them as it was no charge to send it back and have it flashed...I think, it's been a while.

With that said, I also have a sneaky suspicion that's the reason my gearbox failed on me as I lost 4th 5th and 6th gear all within a few rides

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
I've installed the Annitori QS Pro II on my 06 R1, and it's working fantastically. It has a simple to use bluetooth app and I've been able to select the right duration which perfectly suits my gearbox. I can't rate it highly enough.

I was considering a Dynojet QS but, it doesn't have a bluetooth app that I can change settings on the fly, and in the group of guys I do track days and road riding with, a few of them have had niggling issues with the Dynojet Quickshifters. One guy even blames the Dynojet QS on f-ing his shift forks / gearbox.

So each to their own. For me, the simple fact I can adjust duration with an iPhone/Android app on the fly to suit my individual gearbox's characteristics, and I can set it to bi-directional if I want, sold me on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
8 Participants
TwentySixRed
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing