Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· R1 - Impossible is nothing!
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2006 r1 sp fork oil... Help

I have a Yamaha R1 2006 the SP version. It's the one that came with the limited "gun smoke" paint, factory slipper cluth, factory ohlins and marchesini gold wheels.

Now my problem is that the right oil seal almost blew up during my last ride and I order a new pair to change them.

My question now, doew anyone know the quantity of fork oil that goes in the ohlins? And should i use 5W or 10W fork oil viscosity?

Thanks a lot guys and any help would be higly appreciated as there is no Yamaha dealer in Cyprus anymore...

· Thread killer...
2,551 Posts
The recommended oil is Yamaha M1 suspension oil. It is reportedly 0W. I would use the lightest oil you can find. I was going to use Motul Factory Line Synthetic Fork Oil 2.5w until I found the bottle below (on this forum actually).

One bottle should do the trick, but the manual will lead you to believe you need two (just barely). I used one bottle and had a bit left over.

Are your spring rates good? That was my biggest issue. The stock springs were way to soft for me.

Here is a great thread on suspension. It is a 57 page read currently, but there is a lot of good info.
http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252234

· R1 - Impossible is nothing!
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Apologies for the extremely late reply

Guys thank you very miuch for your help with the front forks oil information and the forks are now feeling perfect.
I playewd around with the springs rate and they now feel and react amazing!
As for my bike i am attaching 1-2 photos of my "baby"

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.