Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the rear wheel H.P. of the new 2006 Yamaha R6, is there any offical info on this,is it a undercover 750, also, how do you think it will compare to the 06 Suzuki 750, Kawi 636.......... I'm sorry about posting on this R1 forum...please forgive...I'm lazy today!!!! :fork :fork :fork

·
Registered
411 Posts
I haven't heard any numbers on the R6, but the new Triumph 675 is suposed to make 123hp at the crank, which happens to be the exact same # Kawasaki claims for the 636. Plus some extra umph down low. Should be a good year for middleweight sportbikes.

·
see you at the races and ride
3,906 Posts
triumph is claiming that the 675 makes 5 more rwhp than the 636 and 54 ft/lbs of tq. The 675 should be a awesome streetbike.

·
Yamama R1
766 Posts
kvnkreedl said:
What is the rear wheel H.P. of the new 2006 Yamaha R6, is there any offical info on this,is it a undercover 750, also, how do you think it will compare to the 06 Suzuki 750, Kawi 636.......... I'm sorry about posting on this R1 forum...please forgive...I'm lazy today!!!! :fork :fork :fork
In 04 when the revamped r1 came out with a 2k rpm higher rev limit it claimed 20 more horses.
The revamped r6 has a 2k higher rpm(I believe)so my guess is that it will have 6/10th's of 20 more horses..:crash

·
Banned
15,355 Posts
Actually now that I'm thinking about it. My O4 R6 with full graves, PC3, velocity stacks and BMC filter puts out 105 to the rear tire. But as we all know no dyno is alike. So I think if they do over 112 I'll be impressed....

Remember crank hp doesn't mean shit... What you put at the rear wheel is whats important.....:fact

·
Border Hopper Imigrant Stopper
1,149 Posts
2MileHighR1 said:
The November Cycle World had rumors of 140 hp at the crank with a 17,500 rpm redline for the '06 R6.
everyone and their grandmother has posted about what those people have said about 140hp... i'd be REALLY surprised if 140 hp is the number, cause that's pushing towards 750 power...

but, like mkinla said, crank hp doesn't mean crap, it's what's at the rear :)

·
DAMN YOU SHANE
14,328 Posts
and then you also have to look at it if you plan on using a 600 like it is supposed to be done the triumph is out of racing so is the 636 becuase they are past the cc limit they will have to compite with 1000 will be there choices :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
southern118 said:
and then you also have to look at it if you plan on using a 600 like it is supposed to be done the triumph is out of racing so is the 636 becuase they are past the cc limit they will have to compite with 1000 will be there choices :)
Not quite true. The 636 is ineligable because it's a 4 cylinder bike. The Triumph should be eligable for supersport cos it's a triple. The same rules allow the Ducati 749 twins to race in the 600 class

·
Registered
527 Posts
2006 R6... I'd say 115-120 at the wheel if the peak power is around 14500 RPM. Some mag tests might say 125, but many of those seem pretty optimistic.

Peak torque will still be around 45 ft-lbs... likely around 12k RPM if the tuning is setup for top end.

If they put peak power at 16.5k or 17k RPM, 140 is not out of the possibility, but who puts peak power at the rev limiter? No one I know...

I'd take the Triumph instead... well, as long as I'm not racing.

·
Banned
432 Posts
kvnkreedl said:
My guess is the '06 GSXR 750 is going to tear the fairings off of it. Its a neat bike & will probably be a fun bike to ride but it seems like all the magazines are claiming what a ground breaking sportbike it's going to be. I guess we will have to wait and see, I know one thing......it ain't no literbike :yesnod

·
Border Hopper Imigrant Stopper
1,149 Posts
Eyespy said:
Everyone is copying Yamaha these days....
yamaha has the fattest waste with the thickest seat in terms of width in the 600 class... no one is copying yamaha's waste :fact

·
Registered
411 Posts
According to the December issue of Roadracing World (yea, got it already), the Triumph 675 produces 123 hp at 12,500 rpm and 53 lbs-ft. of torque at 11,750 rpm, makes more torque at 5000 rpm than 600s do at peak, 363 lbs dryweight, and comes from the factory shod with Pirelli Super Corsas all for $8999.

The '06 R6 weighs 357 lbs (dry) will sell for $9199 in blue, $9299 in black (or was that raven?), and $9499 in yellow.

All else being equal, I'm liking the Triumph...

:corn

·
yield
17,823 Posts
Generally one should deduct around (+/-)15% from crank hp, to rwhp approx.
The new R6 will be a beast and prolly pretty interesting to ride, being if you wind out that motor at 15,000 rpm coming out of corners, nothing less then ragged thrill...

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.