Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We'll I got the arrow on the clutch cover to line up with the dot but now the bike seems to be very stiff through the gears just trying it out with the bike off rolling the bike through the gears is that the way it's supposed to feel. Let me know so I can pour the oil in the bike. If it's not supposed to feel like this and I got to start over don't want to waist good oil

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just want to know I have been searching and can't seem to find the answer on the search web. Does anybody help and answer your questions here on this web site. I wanted to know if the bike is supposed to feel stiff while rolling it through the gears while off walking it through the gears with out oil. I just installed the clutches and plates with spring.dont want to waist good oil so if any body can tell me I am good to go and poor oil because it feels real stiff

· Registered
184 Posts
Just want to know I have been searching and can't seem to find the answer on the search web. Does anybody help and answer your questions here on this web site. I wanted to know if the bike is supposed to feel stiff while rolling it through the gears while off walking it through the gears with out oil. I just installed the clutches and plates with spring.dont want to waist good oil so if any body can tell me I am good to go and poor oil because it feels real stiff
I've always noticed new clutch plates are stickier when new. So I've seen what you're describing. Did you soak the new plates in a pan of oil before installation? That usually helps but is still stiffer than your old ones. They are after all new so will have more friction. How that helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.