Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Buy Hoodies From Me!
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After thinking about it for the longest time I finally convinced myself to buy an Aprilia SXV550 this spring. Bought her with 4000 miles from a guy in upstate NY, and haven't regretted it since. If you research these machines all you hear about is people bitching about maintenance, or advising others not to buy this bike as a commuter to and from work, or how it should only be used on the track. Im calling BS on most of these things. I live in Cape Cod for the summer and own an 07 R1, but these roads aren't suitable for any type of fun on the R1..back roads are twisty BUT very sandy, no speed limits nearby over 40mph, yada yada.

I figured a nice SM would spice things up, add some fun to the area. I have a 30 minute commute to work 3 times per week, and the Aprilia handles it fine I really cant see an issue with driving it for this purpose. I also take it off road quite a bit onto the national seashore land....illegal, but how could I resist. There is a trail behind my apartment that you follow for 10 minutes and boom, your at the ocean. Its really a beautiful setup... anyways, just wanted to share my experience with the SXV...enjoy the pictures :sneaky

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
Very nice. I want one of those so bad, but I wound up with a DR-Z because it's pretty much the only out-of-the-box legal SM still being sold :(

The Aprilia is a beauty though.

·
Buy Hoodies From Me!
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice. I want one of those so bad, but I wound up with a DR-Z because it's pretty much the only out-of-the-box legal SM still being sold :(

The Aprilia is a beauty though.
Indeed it is, have you seen the 2014 WR450!? mighty tempting. miiiiiiighty tempting. I wish i could justify blowing 7 grand on it, and than more for wheels/tires and all that

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
my ape gave me over 5k of hard riding with no trouble...hell my crf 450x gave me problems at 3k..go figure..only thing that happened to my sv 550 was a hose got a hole in it due to riding the piss out of it on gravel roads...beyond that marvelous bike and want another!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
da rza
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing