Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I bought the bike years ago and had Yamaha fix it but went to a flashtune guy to have a graves map put on the stock ECU and the problem is back. Yamaha can’t fix it anymore as they don’t have the means to as of 2016. I’m super scared as this glitch almost got me killed recent so I need a techy guy that really knows this model. I’d get a new ECU but the lock out ignition has to match the ECU......I can explain more if someone is willing to tackle the problem with me. Flashtune manufacturers can’t really help

·
Registered
2 Posts
Unfortunately, this is a common issue on this generation. It's covered widely across forums. I had the EXACT same issue you're having; rolling into the throttle in 2nd gear and, right as the bike would start pulling harder, there would be a dip in power at 5500 RPM. I sent my ECU off to SBU in NC. Fixed the issue for me, and many others.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey OP, you ever resolve this issue? I have the same problem. I just bought a power commander to tune with my exhaust and cat delete, so Iam gonna see if this helps.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Unfortunately, this is a common issue on this generation. It's covered widely across forums. I had the EXACT same issue you're having; rolling into the throttle in 2nd gear and, right as the bike would start pulling harder, there would be a dip in power at 5500 RPM. I sent my ECU off to SBU in NC. Fixed the issue for me, and many others.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Hey sorry for resurrecting this, but what exactly do you mean when you say you sent it to SBU in NC? Was this out of pocket? Does warranty or Yamaha cover this?

·
Super Moderator
24,048 Posts
SBU is Superbike Unlimited - They are a motorcycle shop and do a lot of great work. ECU flashing, tuning, building, etc. So the OP sent his ECU to SBU to have it flashed. You can find this service on the website below. I had them flash and dyno tune my 15 R1 at their shop while I was riding the amazing roads down in the Deals Gap area.

www.superbikeunlimited.com

·
Registered
58 Posts
SBU is Superbike Unlimited - They are a motorcycle shop and do a lot of great work. ECU flashing, tuning, building, etc. So the OP sent his ECU to SBU to have it flashed. You can find this service on the website below. I had them flash and dyno tune my 15 R1 at their shop while I was riding the amazing roads down in the Deals Gap area.

www.superbikeunlimited.com
Thats actually a really good price. But I just invested in a PC5 and it didnt help. So I dont want to send in my ECU, and it doesnt resolve the issue. I dont have the luxury of sending it back and forth until the issue is resolved.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thats actually a really good price. But I just invested in a PC5 and it didnt help. So I dont want to send in my ECU, and it doesnt resolve the issue. I dont have the luxury of sending it back and forth until the issue is resolved.
Buy ECU 2008 (4C8-8591A-40-00 or 4C8-8591A-60-00)

·
R1.. The fast kind
868 Posts
Buy ECU 2008 (4C8-8591A-40-00 or 4C8-8591A-60-00)
Isn't 4C8-8591A-40-00 for European market?
In that case it probably have immobiliser and i think the US sold bikes have the ignition coils and injectors wired differently in the ECU connector.

Just wondering, are there any ECU part no for the US sold bikes that are considered "bug free" or can the fault pop up randomly in any US ECU?

·
Registered
16 Posts
[QUOTE = "Оззиан, должность: 8789149, участник: 48358"]
Разве 4C8-8591A-40-00 не для европейского рынка?
В этом случае у него, вероятно, есть иммобилайзер, и я думаю, что у проданных в США велосипедов есть катушки зажигания и инжекторы, подключенные по-разному к разъему ECU.

Просто интересно, есть ли какая-то часть ECU для проданных в США велосипедов, которые считаются «свободными от ошибок», или ошибка может появляться случайно в любом американском ECU?
[/ QUOTE]

You're right, nober for the example

·
Registered
128 Posts
Find someone who has the image of the updated recall ECU flash or find someone who knows how to capture the updated recalled version of the stock image and then upload to your bike and then do the tune for your system.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Find someone who has the image of the updated recall ECU flash or find someone who knows how to capture the updated recalled version of the stock image and then upload to your bike and then do the tune for your system.
Well in that case, anyone have an updated image of the ECU lol?

Kevap....I used a standard slip on/cat delete map.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts