Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have 3 R1's '05 street and '05 track bike, just picked up an '07 for a hell of a deal. looks like a few changes to the fairing work on the '07. i have a flush turn signal out on the right side and am trying to find a diagram or video of fairing removal, im sure i could figure it out but usually there are tons of push and pull tabs on the fairings and id rather not snap any of them (yet)... ive searched for videos on youtube and looked in the forums under mechanical and in the how to's with no luck (its all r6 info and the fairings are different), also have the full service manual and it shows nothing on fairing removal for '07... does anyone have a link or info or a diagram? any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
595 Posts
3 R1s and you don't know how to remove fairings?

Anyways... there are service manuals on the forum. Go download one as they have step-by-step instructions and diagrams for everything.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
R1.. The fast kind
791 Posts
Nah, i wouldn't say the fairing removal instruction in the service manual are that instructive to a layman but the fairings on the 07-08 are pretty easy to remove, generaly speaking.

Hardest are probably where the side cowlings connect to the front cowling, there's a hiden tab that hold them in place...
20190908_041127.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
3 R1s and you don't know how to remove fairings?

Anyways... there are service manuals on the forum. Go download one as they have step-by-step instructions and diagrams for everything.

Wow ladies and gentleman we have our selves a comedian here..... I guess if you would have fully read my post you would have came up with a better answer to my question.... Obviously I know how to remove fairings, my question was related to differences between '05 and '07. But boy you came in and saved the day with your advice... which I already noted I had looked into (and it looks like people agree with me below). Not new to the search feature or forums before posting what you think would be a common question. Hate to come off like a dick but there is nothing worse than a know it all, who would rather just post a lame comment to get your reply count up instead of actual help which is what this forum is for... Blue ribbon for the effort though. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nah, i wouldn't say the fairing removal instruction in the service manual are that instructive to a layman but the fairings on the 07-08 are pretty easy to remove, generaly speaking.

Hardest are probably where the side cowlings connect to the front cowling, there's a hiden tab that hold them in place... View attachment 1008082
Thank you for the diagram, looks like this is the one from the service manual, but here lies a good useful answer I was looking for:
"Hardest are probably where the side cowlings connect to the front cowling, there's a hidden tab that hold them in"
those are the tabs that you break if you didn't know they were there..... that is the info I was trying to find.. the good 'ol tabs that slide in or snap off if you just tried to figure it out without looking at a diagram (even though the diagram dosent show them) someone shared the knowledge. Thanks bud. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Wow ladies and gentleman we have our selves a comedian here..... I guess if you would have fully read my post you would have came up with a better answer to my question.... Obviously I know how to remove fairings, my question was related to differences between '05 and '07. But boy you came in and saved the day with your advice... which I already noted I had looked into (and it looks like people agree with me below). Not new to the search feature or forums before posting what you think would be a common question. Hate to come off like a dick but there is nothing worse than a know it all, who would rather just post a lame comment to get your reply count up instead of actual help which is what this forum is for... Blue ribbon for the effort though. :rolleyes:
Your first time on the internet, huh? Just take a joke man.

Back to the discussion at hand, I was sincere by pointing you back to the service manual as I figured page 4-2 is all that you'd need to answer your question.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
milheim05
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing