Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· POS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I've seen the other threads on this issue and none of the responses were able to help me nor fix the problem.

I have a completly stock 2007 R1, stock pipes; no PC. About 2 months ago I started having an idle problem when I would go into neutrual my idle would dip very low and even shut the bike off, same story if I pulled in the clutch and coasted to a light.

As time has gone on this has happened more and more consently to the point where I'm very frusturated.. I've also noticed when I attempt to friction zone the bike without the throttle the bike sputters and slowly will shut off, or even instantly at times.

The common fix everyone suggests is adjusting the throttle bodies, I've tried that with no effect what so ever. I'm in desperate need of assistance!

· Live ur passion
194 Posts
How can it give no effect ? I think u should pull them out again and try the maintenance, clean all 4 plugs, air filter, throttle bodies, re-sync all 4 bodies and adjust the idling speed (to 1300-1500rpm as u wish), check for kinked fuel lines, too. I think this should help to stop the stalling as it did to my bike.

· Registered
10 Posts
Agree with above, suggest you try changing the plugs, also worth running some stp or similar fuel injector cleaner in fuel or taking injectors out and leaving them soaking overnight in a neat eggcup fuel of injrctor cleaner, then blowing them dry/out with compressed air if poss. Injectors are easy to remove once airbox is off, 2 screws hold the fuel injector rail in place, just remove those and the whole lot will come out. While you have good access the the throats it would be worth spraying some carb cleaner down them before you put it together again, also run the diagnostics if youve not already do so, to check the TPS and the ignition coils

· Registered
10 Posts
Hopefully, final update, after changing the plugs and all going good, problem returned after a couple of weeks, and I decided it must be the coil that was outside of the service manual spec regarding the secondary coils resistance, manual quotes min of 5.02 k ohms, one of my coils measured 4.65 k ohms, ive changed just the one suspect coil today for an excellect condition second hand coil, and problem has gone, it now runs as it should, no misfiring at low revs, so have to conclude coil was breaking down when hot

· I have nothing useful to say!
19 Posts
Be sure to clean the s#it out of the throttle bodies/inlet ports/inlet valves too, pay particular attention to the idle passages and then synchronize the throttle bodies and she should be purring like a kitten afterwards.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.