Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and hope someone can help me out,
-Purchased a 2007 R1 with a ticking noise, thought it might be the cam chain tensioner
-Installed a APE manual Cam Chain Tensioner but the ticking was still there.
-Turned out to be cylinder number 2 connecting rod bearing worn out and the ticking was free play in the bearing.
-Ordered new bearings for all connecting rods and crank
-Completed my first "rebuild" with new bearings and polished the crank.
Problem I have is starting takes a few seconds of cranking and the throttle has to be opened just a little. With constant throttle applied, the bike runs great! revs up nicely and sounds amazing. As soon as the throttle is shut off, it stalls.
Mods completed are a smog plates installed, yoshimura exhaust and K&N air filter.
I've tried rebooting the ECU by removing battery terminals, warming the bike up to temperature, checking wiring harness, opening up air screw by 1/2 turn. Any idea's?
I'm concerning the valve's may be out of tolerance but it started fine and idled fine before and I replaced the valve shims exactly in the same location.
I have a new PCV and Autotune ready to install, in fact I hooked up the PCV but the issue remained so removed it until I can have the bike running and idling ok without it.
Thanking you all in advance,
Shawn

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
Juanpsi
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing