Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm 22 yo and I have a r1 2007. I have a problem with overheating when I ride normal it get 78-90 C° it's perfect but when I get in a little traffic or traffic lights he get 120 C° after one week he go to 124 C° its seems too bad. What should i check. Sorry for my language.

·
I miss my R1
3,198 Posts
Check that your radiator fans are coming on and at what temperature (just start the bike up at your house and let it run until the fans kick in, should be around 105C I think. You can get an ECU flash done to make the fans come on at a lower temperature.

If the fans are working properly, check the coolant levels and the condition of the coolant if you haven't already. If the coolant is very dark in colour, do your bike a favour and flush the system and replace it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey man, sorry to hear that. I actually had a similar issue in my 07 R1. I checked fan and flushed and nothing worked sadly. Then people suggested it could be the thermostat and I changed it and it worked, was actually better than before.

Here is the link to my post that talks about the part.

Also I made a video on YouTube showing what I did, hope it helps.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

·
I miss my R1
3,198 Posts
Hey man, sorry to hear that. I actually had a similar issue in my 07 R1. I checked fan and flushed and nothing worked sadly. Then people suggested it could be the thermostat and I changed it and it worked, was actually better than before.
Good call, forgot to mention checking the thermostat.

·
Super Moderator
24,222 Posts
llazfazliu I suggest changing your avatar as this is not a gay dating site. 🥴

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check that your radiator fans are coming on and at what temperature (just start the bike up at your house and let it run until the fans kick in, should be around 105C I think. You can get an ECU flash done to make the fans come on at a lower temperature.

If the fans are working properly, check the coolant levels and the condition of the coolant if you haven't already. If the coolant is very dark in colour, do your bike a favour and flush the system and replace it.
Thanks man my fan open at 106c° but the temperature is higher and higher he touch red lights again and its not moving it with 1000 rpm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts