Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I currently have a 2007 Red R1 that i just got a few months ago. Some stuff has come up here the past week causing me to maybe have to sell my bike. the bike has 950 miles on it and i love it! It has a fender eliminator and also double yosh carbon fiber slip on's. This bike has never ever seen the ground and looks BRAND NEW. i was wondering what you think i should ask for it so that i dont get completely ripped off on it. I really hate to see this thing go...

·
Registered
272 Posts
id find what 07's are going for new in the showroom now that the 08's have just arrived, and then just subtract a couple hundred from that. thats what i would do.

·
4,087 Posts
$7815

wee
Screw that. Insurance gave me $8400 for my 04 R1 with 20k miles when it was 2 years old and it got stolen. I would ask no less than $9k, especially with the pipes. Well, that's depending on if you are in an area with a year round riding season. It might be harder to sell this time of year if people can't ride it much.

Looking at cycle trader, most of the 06's are going for $8500-$9000, so I would definitely not advertise an 07 for less than $9k.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I live in the northwestern part of Florida so it can be rode most of the year but not all year round. I was gonna try to 9500 out of it. do you think that would be possible?

·
Shamalama Dingdong
221 Posts
Consider a few things...

Dealers are now moving their brand new 07's for under $10k, out the door. I got mine for $9800 OTD.

You will never get the full 'value' of any aftermarket stuff you put on your bike. Not even close usually.

That said, and considering the relatively low miles... I think you can ask for $9500 and expect to get about $9000.

·
HiHo Silver
402 Posts
Screw that. Insurance gave me $8400 for my 04 R1 with 20k miles when it was 2 years old and it got stolen. I would ask no less than $9k, especially with the pipes. Well, that's depending on if you are in an area with a year round riding season. It might be harder to sell this time of year if people can't ride it much.

Looking at cycle trader, most of the 06's are going for $8500-$9000, so I would definitely not advertise an 07 for less than $9k.
just because a seller is wanting $9000 for an 06 doesnt mean that is what they are going for, it means thats what sellers are asking. wee

·
Has anyone seen my ratchet?
25,747 Posts
Hmmmm I think you guys are on the highside for actual market conditions. I know a few people who tried or are trying to get rid of their 07's and basically they are getting raped. If your area in FL is like the rest of FL, try to hang onto it until the month before bike week. The bike FL bike market seems to go crazy during that month :dunno

·
25,747 Posts
$10,619 OTD last December and that was with a new tag which is about $100 more than a transfer in FL.

·
4,087 Posts
just because a seller is wanting $9000 for an 06 doesnt mean that is what they are going for, it means thats what sellers are asking. wee
That in itself is what drives the value of the bike. If everyone asks for $9000 for an 06, then the only choice a buyer has is to pay $9000 for an 06. KBB means absolutely nothing. That why insurance companies are even moving away from them. My insurance company uses a third party to determine the value of a bike by looking at the market in the area and get an average of what the same bike is priced at, and declare that the value. So what people ask for their bike they are selling IS what ends up determining the value.

·
25,747 Posts
What I have done several times is to call some of the ads in the cycle trader. The first thing it does is it gives you an idea on whether or not the bikes are moving. The second thing it does, is it enables you to ask the seller, if they would mind telling you what they got for the bike. Now granted they don't have to be honest, but it will still give you an idea on the market for your area, model and year bike. One time a seller actually gave me a name of a guy to call and try to sell my bike to because the buyer was interested in my year and model.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.