Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, simple question for you, I have 07 r1 I've been dealing with stalling issue for a while, can I just swap an ECU from 08 r1 just for checking, can I just plug it in is it possible?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
... unless the bike is euro spec then the immobiliser wont work. If you are in Turkey it's a good possibility the immobilser would stop you just swapping ECU.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
... unless the bike is euro spec then the immobiliser wont work. If you are in Turkey it's a good possibility the immobilser would stop you just swapping ECU.
yea I am in turkey and my bike is a euro spec, it has a immobiliser, is there anyway to program it or get around it ?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Not really. Yamaha charge crazy money to pair them. Usually ECUs are sold second hand with keys and lock set as a matching set. I have also heard that some ECU flashes leave the imobiliser disabled but cannot confirm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
Doppler
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing