Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an R1 with 49xxx kms atm, had it for 3 years , not used a whole lot but some "fun" riding whenever time allowed. Recently got the clutch plates done but have ran into a problem, after about 7k rpms the engine feels like its not free ?(like its biting into something)? causing alot of noticeable vibration, the bike felt very "free" and smooth in its higher rpms before that, even in corners i can feel noticeable vibration under my footpegs. Ive played around with clutch cable settings and free play but nothing really solved anything. The bike was tipped last year but there wasnt any damage , could the shift pedal have bent or something ? (ive looked at it and looks fine, not sure if i should mess with it).

Also this morning i tried to open it up in 6th gear but the bike wont push past 260-70kms , didnt feel like r1 power

What other causes could it be ? Valve adjustments ?

What would be the thought on rebuilding the engine ? I love this redheaded child of R1 family and would like to bring her alive again

·
Registered
39 Posts
Got an R1 with 49xxx kms atm, had it for 3 years , not used a whole lot but some "fun" riding whenever time allowed. Recently got the clutch plates done but have ran into a problem, after about 7k rpms the engine feels like its not free ?(like its biting into something)? causing alot of noticeable vibration, the bike felt very "free" and smooth in its higher rpms before that, even in corners i can feel noticeable vibration under my footpegs. Ive played around with clutch cable settings and free play but nothing really solved anything. The bike was tipped last year but there wasnt any damage , could the shift pedal have bent or something ? (ive looked at it and looks fine, not sure if i should mess with it).

Also this morning i tried to open it up in 6th gear but the bike wont push past 260-70kms , didnt feel like r1 power

What other causes could it be ? Valve adjustments ?

What would be the thought on rebuilding the engine ? I love this redheaded child of R1 family and would like to bring her alive again
Based on your mileage, and without any other obvious problems, I would most likely bet on it being in need of a valve adjustment for the top end power. As for the vibration, how are your tires? My 07 started to vibrate under me, and it was the tires.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Could the chain need adjustment? I have had weird feelings when my chain was either to loose or to right. Worth a quick check.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tires and chain+sprocket are in good condition. Im also thinking it might be valve adjustment as its at 50k , plugs etc while there would also help i guess

My other problem is bike never going to neutral unless i do it while rolling (and even that can be hard at times) , i know other r1 of my frends do not hesitate this much and can go into neutral while standing still. Mine is impossible to get in neutral if i come to a stop with clutch holding in first gear.

And for vibrations , i guess its just an older model now and that is expected /??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts