Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought a 2008 yamaha r1 at auction with no keys how can i bypass the ignition with a toggle and i noticed the wires to the bottom of the gas tank dont have the connector on the harness side which wires go where?

·
I miss my R1
3,675 Posts
Buy a race harness would likely be the easiest way if you insist on using a toggle switch.
If you have a title you can likely get new keys programmed by the dealer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im just trying to see if its even worth saving it was sold under not running of course just trying the quickest way possible

·
I miss my R1
3,675 Posts
I don't think US bikes have an immobilizer now that I think about it (Canadian bikes do), you may just be able to hotwire it, not sure.

·
Registered
'08 r1
1,294 Posts

Jump the red/brown connector pin to pin and jump the blue yellow and blue black connector pin to pin. Since it's for testing, forget the toggle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats my problem is the harness inder the ignition has already been cut there is six wires

·
963 Posts
oh boy. if it an 08. computer never gonna let it run if it got immobilizer, and if it 08 it probably do. i read all the good comments.

i got 06 and only FOUR wires come from ignition switch ((one go to computer, one to starter cut-out relay (and back to computer), one from main fuse and one go to fuse panel))

·
Registered
'08 r1
1,294 Posts
If it has am immobilizer it's either from another market (canada most likely) or the immobilizer is aftermarket. Without a picture of his wires, we can't be sure. Then again, the headlight sub harness has 6 connections so he may be looking at the wrong part of the harness. Hard to tell from here.

If it is the immobilizer, here is the diagram. There are a couple of choices if that's the case. Try to bypass it with one of those ebay specials, you can get it flashed and remove it or you can replace the ecu and hack up or replace the existing harness (the coil wires are in different spots and some other stuff has to be moved around.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts