Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 R1 with 2500 miles on the clock, I’ve had it from new and is mint, however occasionally on start up from cold it fires then stalls immediately, if I then restart and use a lot of throttle and hold it in a opened position it runs if I close the throttle it stalls however if I continue to hold the throttle open for around a minute it will tickover and is fine. is this a TPS problem!?
Kind Regards kbc

·
THEONEGTIVR6
1,329 Posts
Sounds to me like she needs a good hard week of riding and possibly even just some fresh fuel. With a bike sitting as much as that one has there could be a good amount of rust in the tank. I’d sure like to have a low mileage 08.

·
THEONEGTIVR6
1,329 Posts
Have you checked the tank?? And the fuel in the tank?? Think about how long fuel has sat in the bike, I worry about mine sitting through the 4/5month winter it sits through every year I prefer to fill it up with ethinol free fuel during any amount of storage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
Jaketheone46
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing