Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
2012 YZF - R1
117 Posts
there is just too many ways your bike will show this symptom to give any solid advice. my bike was showing the same symptoms and it was caused by a starter relay o_O

· Registered
2008 yzf R1
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there is just too many ways your bike will show this symptom to give any solid advice. my bike was showing the same symptoms and it was caused by a starter relay o_O
wtf lol should I just take it to the shop then? I wanted to try to do everything on my own but i cant find anything out there with this issue except for this post. like this is my exact issue.

· Premium Member
2012 YZF - R1
117 Posts
I don't intend to dishearten you, but that's a issue for someone either mechanically inclined; or patient enough to learn while their bike is out of service

· Registered
107 Posts
Hi, the stalling issue may be the same as the 2007, which can be fixed by a Throttle body sync. The stalling and popping issues may be related however. What is the mileage on the bike? I did not have your popping issue, but I did find my exhaust valves way tight at 82,000km. The valve job I did transformed the bike, and I would highly recommend it if your mileage is above 50,000km. Have you considered that there may be a vacuum leak? Have you replaced the charger (alternator) rotor? Mine stalled when it went bad and would not idle, and the rotor makes electricity so it may affect ignition.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts