Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Racing is everything
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HERE YE HERE YE....

The ElvisWarrior Cigar Exchange will now come to order. It is time once again to break out your sticks for this year's convention.

Membership is very simple. During the week of the Convention, bring at least one cigar for every night you will be at the Gap. Everyone will trade - you will not smoke any of the cigars you bring (unless you really want to of course). The goal is to share in both cigars and fellowship. On the evening of the boat party is when you bring your one "silly" - that is, your top shelf stick that is for special occasions. Other CEX members will do the same.

If you are planning to participate in this year's edition, say aye and I'll add you to the list so folks at least know who to look for. Non-planning, forgetful, last-minute stragglers welcomed, but you must bring your A-game Thursday night!

1. NSDQ
2. Solidus (I know you haven't seen this thread yet but you have no say in the matter)
3. The Godfather (see #2)
4. InkedR1Pilot
5. Anubis (unless he wants to walk home. allegedly)
6. GapRider
7. kynetguy
8. Kmac
9. DanQ
10. rocalotopus

·
Racing is everything
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
morning bump

·
Booya
34,507 Posts
So this is what...an all male group cex situation? :dunno

·
Racing is everything
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
count me in... ill bring some specials:thumbup

EDIT: and put anubis on the list too.... he dunno hes in either but unless he wants to walk home.........
you're in, welcome to The Council.

·
GaWarrior Brotherhood
1,999 Posts
I'll be bringin some stogies now that you guys have got me hooked on the things.

·
Racing is everything
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Absolutely count be in. I just stocked up on Swishers and backwoods just for the convention! WOOT!
You're in. What's a Swisher?

·
GO Gators ! !! !
4,582 Posts
You're in. What's a Swisher?

I hope your question was as sarcastic as my comment Jeff.

Swisher Sweets. The finest speedy mart cigars on the market. :lol

I actually been enjoying the Romeo y Juliet line for casual smoke. They rarely let me down.

Can we set a time for this? I brought a bunch last year and by the time I got around after riding you all had done traded and I missed out on most of the trading part of the exchange.

I would vote for the 8pm range. Believe it or not, when I go to the Gap, I actually like to ride most of the daylight hours. :rock

·
Super Moderator
45,315 Posts
In.

BTW, Eddie, the guy next to us at barber that you gave a cigar to on Firday night was kickin' back on Sat night trying to re-light what was left of his stog. I told him we came from a higher standard of civility than that and couldn't let a man torture himself thusly with only a tease of a cigar. I whipped out the stash and gave him the pick of the litter. He was beside himself. As I walked off he was kicked back in his lounger with a fresh stogie, a drink, and some easy listening tunes........he was in some kind of heaven. Wish I knew who he was.......he is good peeps. :fact

:epimp

·
Super Moderator
24,190 Posts
Most know I am not a huge fan of cigars. :dundun: Yeah... I know. Just never got into them.

However, NSDQ has followed through with this and it has been spreading to every R1-Forum event I go to. So I will hit a shop and grab a couple.

I look forward to this.

·
GO Gators ! !! !
4,582 Posts
Most know I am not a huge fan of cigars. :dundun: Yeah... I know. Just never got into them.

However, NSDQ has followed through with this and it has been spreading to every R1-Forum event I go to. So I will hit a shop and grab a couple.

I look forward to this.
Romeo y Julieta. . . never a bad smoke. Not super expensive and not embarrassing to pull out in a group either.

Actually when we did our fall Gap run Shane called up Jeff and asked for a recomendation and that was his recomendation. So that is what I grabbed. Been trying all their stuff since and haven't been let down. THere are better, no doubt. But I have never had one that was bad. For 5-8 bucks a piece you can't beat them really. There are some cheaper ones that are just as good. But I am not well versed enough to know.

I have had Curly Heads which are a couple bucks each and they arent too bad for everyday run of the mill stuff. Ashton makes some decent ones that are cheap. My boss keeps them around as throw aways to give people who bum a stick. 5-10 buck sticks get epensive to hand out. . .let alone the really expensive ones that are 10+ each.

·
GaWarrior Brotherhood
1,999 Posts
In.

BTW, Eddie, the guy next to us at barber that you gave a cigar to on Firday night was kickin' back on Sat night trying to re-light what was left of his stog. I told him we came from a higher standard of civility than that and couldn't let a man torture himself thusly with only a tease of a cigar. I whipped out the stash and gave him the pick of the litter. He was beside himself. As I walked off he was kicked back in his lounger with a fresh stogie, a drink, and some easy listening tunes........he was in some kind of heaven. Wish I knew who he was.......he is good peeps. :fact

:epimp
he was happy like i was when you gave that stogie for the road. the simple, good pleasures, that's livin... thanks Kirk

·
GaWarrior Brotherhood
1,999 Posts
Romeo y Julieta. . . never a bad smoke. Not super expensive and not embarrassing to pull out in a group either.

Actually when we did our fall Gap run Shane called up Jeff and asked for a recomendation and that was his recomendation. So that is what I grabbed. Been trying all their stuff since and haven't been let down. THere are better, no doubt. But I have never had one that was bad. For 5-8 bucks a piece you can't beat them really. There are some cheaper ones that are just as good. But I am not well versed enough to know.

I have had Curly Heads which are a couple bucks each and they arent too bad for everyday run of the mill stuff. Ashton makes some decent ones that are cheap. My boss keeps them around as throw aways to give people who bum a stick. 5-10 buck sticks get epensive to hand out. . .let alone the really expensive ones that are 10+ each.

you are right in the price range I like to smoke and I am a newcomer, pretty good but not TOO expensive. I smoke cheap ones for "daily drivers" like Jeff calls them and smoke the $5-10 less often. I like those Romeo Y Julietas too, and have liked Ashton, Diamond Crown is a treat to me, Arturo Feuntes are OK, Kirk gave me a GOOD Perdomo the other day and I'm smokin a Monte Cristo right now, that's about the extent of my experience if you wanted to try some of those. I'm lookin forward to seeing what some of the seasoned pros bring

·
Racing is everything
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I hope your question was as sarcastic as my comment Jeff.

Swisher Sweets. The finest speedy mart cigars on the market. :lol

I actually been enjoying the Romeo y Juliet line for casual smoke. They rarely let me down.

Can we set a time for this? I brought a bunch last year and by the time I got around after riding you all had done traded and I missed out on most of the trading part of the exchange.

I would vote for the 8pm range. Believe it or not, when I go to the Gap, I actually like to ride most of the daylight hours. :rock
I think 8PM on Thursday night on the boat is a good time - done. The rest of the week, feel free to do it on an ad-hoc basis.

·
Racing is everything
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks everyone! Spread the word as I know there will be a lot of people who will want in Thursday night.

·
Racing is everything
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
About this Discussion
33 Replies
12 Participants
rocalotopus
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing