Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ever since I've had this bike, few months now, I keep trying to find out why my bike seems to hesitate/lag when I hit the throttle hard such as when I want to clutch up a wheelie, drift or just run hard on a back road. If I roll out on the throttle, it responds great, just when I pin it is when I get the issue.

Also, it seems to act find if I were to rev it in (N) or with the clutch pulled in; only seems to happen with a load.

I have a PCV, autotuner, speedo healer. The rear sprocket is +1 and I have a full akrapovic exhaust. Bike only has 2500 miles on it but the gear was added before I bought it. I can post a pic of how everything is hooked up, if that helps any.

I want to flash the ECU to enjoy the other things it has to offer but Ive been beating up Google to find my answer on this.

Any help would be great.

PS: I'm electrically incompetent and programming isn't a strong suit either. I cant even figure out how to download maps for the PCV...

· Get to the chopppaaa!
278 Posts
I was going to say the same thing Trip.

My buddies 2009 R1 had a fuel pump that was dying and it would have issues in the low RPMs. Check the fuel line, and also the fuel pump. He ended up replacing PCV and getting a new tune, and nothing changed until he changed out the fuel pump.

· Astronomer not Astrologer
11,162 Posts
Before you do anything replace that crappy fuel line...you won't see the kink, and since you had to pick up the tank to install the PCV, you can almost guarantee that at some level the line is kinked.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the idea. I had checked to see if the line was kinked but the hard innards all seems fine I felt it all the way through with no obvious kink. May replace it just to say I did though.

The other thing is, I dont have any other issues other than the short miss at the beginning of snapping the throttle back. If I rolled it hard it still does great. it'll idle fine.

· Astronomer not Astrologer
11,162 Posts
Change it anyway...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.