Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I was searching the forum for YEC software for an 09 R1, and came across a couple of posts with potential, but those members have either been banned or are no longer active.

Anywho, I have an 2009 R1 with a full YEC engine kit and ECU/loom, but it also has a Bazzaz system on it. Presumably, this was put on by the previous owner rather than obtaining the equipment to interface with the YEC ECU.

Bottom line, I'd like to go with the straight YEC setup, but obviously I'd need the software and cable (I've ordered the parts to make the cable from info I found on here, THANK YOU!!). If anyone can help, that would be brilliant. If not, does anyone have any info to point me in the right direction? Cheers.

CJ

·
Super Moderator
24,354 Posts
My suggestion would be to contact Freddy at Superbike Unlimited. He has a team of racers who used a 09-14 R1 (not sure which year) but has upgraded to the 15-18 R1 now.

828-676-2222

Good luck

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I got my software from @SpidermanSS (Graves rep) earlier this year.

However i would suggest you used at least a PCV to tune the fuel. The YEC system is very broad in its tuning increments, aka every 1000 rpms for fuel trim and ignition timing. I am using the YEC setup for the soul purpose of de-cluttering the wiring harness and to control engine braking. The PCV is my choice due to it's widespread use with dyno operators and its VERY compact size vs every other fuel tuner.

Also because you're tuning every 250rpm vs 1000rpm, there will be a smoother fuel graph/AFR curve and this equals acceleration. The use of the PCV may not necessarily be the key to more power but it should allow a faster acceleration due the fuel tune increments.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
APO2112,

That's good info, thank you. I was really not wanting to keep a 2nd ECU on the bike, but maybe if the PCV system is more compact than the Bazzaz it's worth a look. Thanks for the reply. Cheers.

CJ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts