Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
My R1 eats my wallet
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to build the motor to get 200hp out of it without going turbo or nitrous? Obviously I realize to get close to this an overbore would be required and complete rebuild, but I pretty much need to re-do the rings anyways and who knows what else. What would be required to get close to my goal?

·
NeeD 4 SpeeD
5,447 Posts
it is possible . but thats what world superbike machines are putting out.so its not that easy.
the head gotta be ported ,better valves ,springs ,cams etc
bored cylinders ,stroked and lightened crank , better rods and high comp pistons .
rev limiter removed ,some type of full exhaust system and some fcr carbs.
then u'll need a good tuner to make it all work together :)

·
THE MAN
3,750 Posts
not possible in the real world.

I think graves was selling a stroker kit they claimed put out 180 at the wheel, so guess 170-175 in the rear world.

But that kit was 5K, and that was only the crank,rods, and pistons. You would still need everything else to go with it, plus someone to do the work.

200HP is good for bragging, but in a street bike on the street you will go slower, not faster with that much power.

·
Ghostrider Squadron
9,259 Posts
not without tons of money.. even with best of best.. good flatslides, great head, tons of compression, with stroker crank.. it can be done.... sure.. but not cheap.. and even then it wouldnt live very long.

·
u where flyin when i passed u
48 Posts
why would you want 200? use a big bore kit, port/polish head,and so on, should put you near 170hp, i dont think you would want to get much more, you are just going to waste tires, go hit some corners instead. turbo maybe better for what you may be trying to do?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.