Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi my friends
Status update: My mechanic is very busy so he is taking this a little slowly...up to now he checked plugs (it seems that they have been changed not along ago, but anyways i bought 4 new and replace them) + change the air filter (was too dirty, cant check mileage) + compression check (OK)...It appears to be, up to now, an electrical problem...he will continue working on it next week, so i hope to have it again next saturday... i will be uploading any news

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just make sure as she fires up you close the throttle... she might splutter and bang and die, but try again and hopefully it will work... it did for me...

Regarding the starter motor, I don’t know if my dealer swapped that over so I can’t say if it will work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
this method didnt work :( Anyways, mechanic is already working on my beauty...she will be fine

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm having the same problem on my 09 R1
Hopefully this thread will help you to get it sorted. For me, it was about finding a new way to start the bike... but perhaps mine wasn’t as bad as others . Good luck finding the solution

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
“Rhinestone Cowboy” MF Doom
10,968 Posts
It's not the air-fuel ratio that's technical,it's the electronics and sensors that regulate the mix that is technical,and that's why there's not an easy fix to the issue.From all the posts I've read on here the only way to minimise the problem is to keep the motor whithin its spec's and tolerances.Great to see you have kept buying R1's all this time.
This is a very true statement right here.

My bike started fine all the time before I flashed the ECU and had the OEM O2 sensor removed.

Bike does not run well when not at operational temp but I don’t care. Not riding it below operational temp.

We will continue to see hard starting issue threads on this gen as long as people are nodding them.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts