Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a black 2010 with Chrome Yoshi TRC slip ons. I love the look, they go well with the bike, but I'm getting bored with the exhaust note. They sound decent but are not all that deep/mean. I've searched around but couldn't find any threads for modifying these/shortening etc. My question is, has anyone shortened these for an 2009+? Any melting issues, how was the sound, etc? I'm looking for experienced replies only. Thanks

· Registered
61 Posts
I have a black 2010 with Chrome Yoshi TRC slip ons. I love the look, they go well with the bike, but I'm getting bored with the exhaust note. They sound decent but are not all that deep/mean. I've searched around but couldn't find any threads for modifying these/shortening etc. My question is, has anyone shortened these for an 2009+? Any melting issues, how was the sound, etc? I'm looking for experienced replies only. Thanks
Try removing the cat make it a 3/4 system.

· Registered
1,600 Posts
its not hard to do. there should be some youtube videos. shorty exhaust might not look good on the 2010 unless you did the 4-2-1. the sound would be deeper depending on how much you cut off. you might wanna try getting a y-pipe, or get a full exhaust. if not two bros has a mean sounding exhaust. but like one2 said, toce for sure. youtube has a couple of videos of the toce. they sound mean, and they look really cool.

· Registered
2,185 Posts
I can personally vouch for leo vince and two bros being very deep and loud. I've heard yosh on a crossplane and its tame in comparison to these 2. Believe it or not my xplane with the leo italias is deeper and louder than my Duc with full termis. The y pipe isn't gonna do much for sound so if you're looking for a big difference it's time for a new pipe.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. Ive seen the Akro DIY for shortening it a few inches, so that was a thought. I dont wanna gut that cat; did that on my 08 and the sound payoff for smelling like gas all the time isnt worth it. I love the sound of a graves low mount, but love the R1 undertail look. I might check into getting a Leo V...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.