Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i got yamaha r1 2011 wont start sometimes its start sometimes no i have this problem since april i changed my starter motor and its works for 3 month after that the problem is back i have yuasa ytz10s i look on youtube some guys say fuel some say reley starter what to do ???

·
Registered
61 Posts
Lift your gas tank and move the fuel line around, it pivots. Make sure it's not kinked when you put the tank down.then try it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lift your gas tank and move the fuel line around, it pivots. Make sure it's not kinked when you put the tank down.then try it.
i dont think its the problem

engine hard to start, excessive knocking noises when i try to start in the first time the engine turn but didnt start second and therd time the battery dead i think the bike need valves adjusment because i have 29k miles without valves adjusment ??

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no symptoms of any cct malfunction! the bike has never went valve check or adjusmnet. it has 29k miles on it

·
An R1 kinda day!
325 Posts
Not necessarily cct malfunction, noisy motor could mean chain stretched causing valves not to open or closed

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry you might have misunderstood me! there is no engine noise! just some backfiring sometimes i think its running rich! the main problem is that it doesn't start the engine until multiple trials and usually drains out the battery!
could the valve adjustment fix the problem?

·
“Rhinestone Cowboy” MF Doom
10,968 Posts
Valves on these bikes should be checked sooner than the recommended 26,000 miles.

My exhaust #3 was right from factory cause a huge decrease in performance. I’m sure of it and everyone I spoke to are sure of it also.

This could be your hard start issue. Especially at 29,000 miles I’d ridden hard at the top of the tach and poor lubrication.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Valves on these bikes should be checked sooner than the recommended 26,000 miles.

My exhaust #3 was right from factory cause a huge decrease in performance. I’m sure of it and everyone I spoke to are sure of it also.

This could be your hard start issue. Especially at 29,000 miles I’d ridden hard at the top of the tach and poor lubrication.
i will make the valve adjusment i the problem didnt fix i will tel you thanx

·
Registered
127 Posts
44teeth YouTube channel did budget bikes and their mystery problem was something to do with the cam chain tensioner.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i changed the cam chain tensioner its not the problem i think 80% valve adjusment next week i will do it and see
any updates on this @safwanz? I'm experiencing a similar issue where the bike doesn't start straight away, usually takes 2-3 clicks if it's been sitting for 10 hours or so. It starts right up when the engine is already warm though

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
any updates on this @safwanz? I'm experiencing a similar issue where the bike doesn't start straight away, usually takes 2-3 clicks if it's been sitting for 10 hours or so. It starts right up when the engine is already warm though
im still waiting to the guy in the garage to tell me to get the bike to hem my bike when he cold didnt run and after 3 or 4 to try start the battery empty i will update after i do the valve adjusment

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ok. Will await your update. Mine's only got about 10,000 kilometers (6,200 miles) on the clock. I have replaced the air filter with an aftermarket washable filter and checked the spark plugs so I'm a bit lost. It could also be my battery but it seems the engine is turning over sufficiently. It just won't start right away when cold.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok. Will await your update. Mine's only got about 10,000 kilometers (6,200 miles) on the clock. I have replaced the air filter with an aftermarket washable filter and checked the spark plugs so I'm a bit lost. It could also be my battery but it seems the engine is turning over sufficiently. It just won't start right away when cold.
ok i will update soon

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
so i check the valves was good not the valves was the problem its charging problem or battery still checking when check the charging give 13.6 the garage man say must be 14 or high its not charging 100% so i orderd a shorai battery from the web i well update soon what the problem was 100% this is the valves photo

·
“Rhinestone Cowboy” MF Doom
10,968 Posts
so i check the valves was good not the valves was the problem its charging problem or battery still checking when check the charging give 13.6 the garage man say must be 14 or high its not charging 100% so i orderd a shorai battery from the web i well update soon what the problem was 100% this is the valves photo View attachment 1009573
It was still well worth it to check the valves. Throttle body sync should be included in this service.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts