Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
It was still well worth it to check the valves. Throttle body sync should be included in this service.
so its like that the problem solved

1. i changed my starter in april i thought its the problem

2. i search the web for the problem some guys say its valves adjusment i checked and my valves was good .

3. i change my battery to shorai battery the stock was yuasa ytz10s it was dead .

4.i removed the alarm .

5. the bike was charging 13.6 not 100% the problem was in the rectifier connector wires after change the wires the charging back at normal 14.5 14.10

thank you all and happy new year

·
Registered
9 Posts
so its like that the problem solved

1. i changed my starter in april i thought its the problem

2. i search the web for the problem some guys say its valves adjusment i checked and my valves was good .

3. i change my battery to shorai battery the stock was yuasa ytz10s it was dead .

4.i removed the alarm .

5. the bike was charging 13.6 not 100% the problem was in the rectifier connector wires after change the wires the charging back at normal 14.5 14.10

thank you all and happy new year
Thanks for the update.

I've installed a voltage meter on mine and when the engine is running and cooling fan is off voltage is around 14.1v so I guess it's charging sufficiently. My battery on the other hand is at around 12.3 volts before starting and drops to below 9v while cranking so it's probably on it's way out. Looking at lithium batteries as replacement for the lighter weight and hopefully stronger cranking power.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks for the update.

I've installed a voltage meter on mine and when the engine is running and cooling fan is off voltage is around 14.1v so I guess it's charging sufficiently. My battery on the other hand is at around 12.3 volts before starting and drops to below 9v while cranking so it's probably on it's way out. Looking at lithium batteries as replacement for the lighter weight and hopefully stronger cranking power.
exactly the lithium battery give you a strong cranking at cold engine and the best after i search the web its shorai.
and just to know if the battery not good its hard to charging and when charging after 2 or 3 hour riding lost the power in 1 min so check you battery and your starter and you wires

21 - 24 of 24 Posts