Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys got a question? Just picked up a 2011 raven skulls r1 about a month ago. Bike is mint with 870 miles. Got yoshi exhaust and some other minor upgrades. Picked up for a good deal considering it was financed through a harley dealership with less than perfect credit. After i got it i got an unease feeling that i should have shelled out the extra cash for a 2012. I love the new headlights with the led strip. I know you can do the upgrade but id rather not. Now i may have a chance to trade for a 2012 and not add that much money to my loan. Is the traction control worth it? Is it worth it even doin the work for a trade like this? Wanted to know what you guys think about only a year diffrrence.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
♠♣♦♥
4,660 Posts
Traction control is one of the best on a production bike, how much more money are you talking about? You can get a Bazzaz T C unit, keep in mind that Bazzaz raised their prices considerably not too long ago.

·
I RACE U LOSE
4,137 Posts
Just changing front end to a 2012 costs over $500 (guessing) Yamaha's T/C is very good as said, if you like the frontend better and want T/C get the '12. I would get the '12 for the T/C alone,but thats your choice. A '12 should also be worth more,if you ever decide to trade in. Get what you like, while you have the chance to.

·
I RACE U LOSE
4,137 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Just changing front end to a 2012 costs over $500 (guessing) Yamaha's T/C is very good as said, if you like the frontend better and want T/C get the '12. I would get the '12 for the T/C alone,but thats your choice. A '12 should also be worth more,if you ever decide to trade in. Get what you like, while you have the chance to.
+1 get what you like or else everytime you see a 12 you'll regret not getting it i had an 09 and moved to the 12 couldnt be happier:D

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
137 Posts
Short video to explain why its good

You can skip first half if impatient.

Basically its a downhill negative camber turn and I was getting tired and lost focus. Gassed it and by the time I felt the slide and shut the throttle (yes I know.. big no no and thus im amateur) the bike already took care of me.

I was lifted off my seat and you can hear the thud as well.

In short. 2012 for sure. And I prefer the new nose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFkixufafjQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea i could kick myself just for getting the 2011 cuz i thought i was saving money cuz it had exhaust. Love the exhaust note but its not even my first choice. Big mistake. Still love the bike soo much tho. I actually like the 2011 nose better just love the 2012 light upgrades and traction. Guess ill have to see if i can make this happen

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
LaspatasR1
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing