Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, since we now have 10+ people listed. I have now made this the "Official Zip Line Adventure" thread. :crash

I really want to do this and I want to see who else would be interested in this before I make reservations. So who is in for this??? If we can get a group of 10 or more the price goes down to $69 per person. Otherwise it's $79 per person. They say this will take 3 hours to complete.

1. Kevap
2. r1Totzauer +1
3. Skeeter
4. z064life +3
5. Meister37 +1
6. rorytsm +1
7. rshores84

Wednesday June 6th would be a great day for this. :yesnod

Nantahala Gorge Canopy Tours is less then 1 mile from Nantahala Village. So no crazy 4 hour ride to get there! :cool:

I checked out the website and this day is totally open at this point. I'd like to nail down a time asap. The earliest time is 9am and the latest time is 5pm. They say this will take around 3 hours total. I would assume that the larger the group is the more time it would take to complete. I would think that 9am would be perfect for 2 reasons. First, we can have a reasonable lunch time. Second, there will be plenty of time after lunch for riding! So does anyone have any objections with a 9am start time??? :dunno

I will be putting down all the money up front ($690 - $69 x 10) for the reservation, even more if the signups continue. All I ask is that everyone be tactful about getting your payment to me by the deadline.

Speaking of deadlines... I would like to make the reservation Wednesday May 2nd. I would need your payment by Wednesday May 16th. I accept paypal and I can accept checks or money orders. PM me for my mailing address.

If anyone has any questions please post here or PM me. Thanks... I'm really looking forward to this! :jump

Here's the website I found on Nantahala Village's website... www.wildwaterrafting.com/nanzip.php

Nantahala Gorge Canopy Tours - A Zip Through the Trees!

New for 2012! Two additional zips plus 2 new bridges with Fontana Lake & waterfall views!

Enjoy a soaring and gliding experience naturally fueled by a gradual elevation change at Nantahala Gorge Canopy Tours (NGCT). It takes limited energy to participate and is not designed to scare with big drops as much as excite with smooth gliding. If you have enjoyed the Canopy Tour at NGCT, come back for more zips and fun. We have added to the canopy tour to include platforms that with Clingman's Dome, Fontanta Lake and waterfall views. Travel out to the point for the highest platform, then on to the highest point in a tree with unbelievable views. One more zip takes you to a bridge and short hike to the final 2 zips.

This three-hour experience gives you over 1/2 mile of air time with
* 8 Arial Bridges
* 13 zip line sections alternating between slope side, trees, & elevated platforms
* A flight into our Eagles Perch, Slingshot, & Elevated Overlook stations. In 2012 two new zips take you out to the point with Lake and waterfall views!

* Over 20 scenic and unspoiled acres of flying area all within the heavily wooded and scenic setting of Falling Waters Adventure Resort located directly across from the Wildwater Nantahala Adventure Center and featured in National Geographic Traveler, Country Living, & The Today Show.

More than a zip line ride, NGCT takes you through multiple ecosystems, past hemlocks, into hardwoods, and through a deciduous forest packed with native flowering plants such as mountain laurel, dogwood, rhododendron, giant Frazier magnolia, rare umbrella magnolia, silver bells and many more. Your canopy ranger will point out these natural features and will also share with you some of the cultural history of the gorge.

Each participant is provided with state of the art equipment including helmets, full body harnesses, trolley, gloves, tether lines, and 2 canopy rangers per group.

All flyers will need to arrive wearing collared shirts, longer shorts or cropped pants and require closed toed shoes.

Harness seats will wrap around your upper thigh, shoulders, and waist so shirts and pants should cover modestly. Long hair must be tied back and secured and please leave your cell phones in the car.

All flyers must be in reasonably good physical condition. No women who are pregnant. Chronic back or shoulder injuries should consult a physician. No hard or soft casts. Flyers must be able to raise their arms over head to self regulate speed and braking. Canopy Rangers will provide safety instruction & back-up systems.

All Canopy Tour Rangers are trained by an accredited ACCT Vendor and all courses are built and inspected to ACCT standards to provide the utmost in safety and fun!

Age/Weight range: 10 years and 70 lbs to 250 lbs. Weight variations effect momentum when zipping. Canopy Rangers will provide instruction & back-up systems.

Cost: $79/person Groups of 10 or more: $69/person

Reservations: Reservations are required and can be made by contacting Wildwater at 866-319-8870 or booking online.

Physical location: 10320 US 19 W, Bryson City, NC 28713

·
blue blurrrr go zoom
3,397 Posts
after looking at the link, the drift hd will get some awesome footage! glad i invested in it at the track last weekend

·
Super Moderator
21,660 Posts
I'm in if we can get at least 10 people.

·
Super Moderator
23,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Highly doubt that. From the website, it says it's a 1/2 mile of air time. That's broken up into many different zips.

·
blue blurrrr go zoom
3,397 Posts
yea i was looking and couldnt find an "overlook" of the adventure..it showed the one in asheville..w a few spans around 1000 ft..one was a 1/4 mile itself....i had one in the backyard when i was growing up...nothing like a homemade, kid made zipline..lol

·
R1 Forum Star
16,200 Posts
What day are we planning to do this. Early in the week i'm in +1...not sure if it is later since some riders are coming and we won't want to take a day out of the weekend.

·
Super Moderator
23,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
damn turkeys
29,378 Posts
What about you 2? Shouldn't you be there when your girls freak out and start screaming "I can't do this"???

i'd rather be out riding, but count me/us in :lol originally i was planning to do the entire blue ridge stretch and stay the night at a motel of the end of it and come back the next day, won't be able to this year now being +1.

·
Super Moderator
23,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i'd rather be out riding, but count me/us in :lol originally i was planning to do the entire blue ridge stretch and stay the night at a motel of the end of it and come back the next day, won't be able to this year now being +1.
We can at least hit some of it. :yesnod

·
Super Moderator
23,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
OK, since we now have 10 people wanting to do this. I have now made this thread the "Official Zip Line Adventure" thread. :crash

As I said before, Wednesday June 6th would be a great day for this. :yesnod

Nantahala Gorge Canopy Tours is less then 1 mile from Nantahala Village. So no crazy 4 hour ride to get there! :cool:

I checked out the website and this day is totally open at this point. I'd like to nail down a time asap. The earliest time is 9am and the latest time is 5pm. They say this will take around 3 hours total. I would assume that the larger the group is the more time it would take to complete. I would think that 9am would be perfect for 2 reasons. First, we can have a reasonable lunch time. Second, there will be plenty of time after lunch for riding! So does anyone have any objections with a 9am start time??? :dunno

I will be putting down all the money up front ($690 - $69 x 10) for the reservation, even more if the signups continue. All I ask is that everyone be tactful about getting your payment to me by the deadline.

Speaking of deadlines... I would like to make the reservation by Wednesday night. I would need your payment by Wednesday May 16th. I accept paypal and I can accept checks or money orders. PM me for my mailing address.

If anyone has any questions please post here or PM me. Thanks... I'm really looking forward to this! :jump

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
About this Discussion
81 Replies
8 Participants
rorytsm
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing