Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I accidentally crossed battery position. Throttle not working, And the check engine light is on?

·
Registered
107 Posts
It's usually beside the odometer.

If not, you will have to go into diag mode and view the error from there (D:61 will list the error code if memory serves me). If you don't have the service manual you can download it from a link on this site.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Bad fuse, Reset ecu. It worked Thanks.
Hi Johnwu, just out of curiosity which fuse was it? I dont thing the the main fuse (usually red - 50 Amps) since it will cut all electrical harness if it was broken.

I had the same exact problem and installed the battery backwards. It made me feel so stupid :whistle:
So I am stuck with an engine at idle and no throttle response what so ever. Oh and the check engine light is on...

Would you please share which fuse was broken in your situation? And how did you manage to reset the ECU :)

·
Super Moderator
24,475 Posts
FYI - Johnwu hasn't been on the forum since that reply. So I highly doubt you will ever hear from him. Post up a new thread asking for help.

·
Venom X/O
23,976 Posts
Hi Johnwu, just out of curiosity which fuse was it? I dont thing the the main fuse (usually red - 50 Amps) since it will cut all electrical harness if it was broken.

I had the same exact problem and installed the battery backwards. It made me feel so stupid :whistle:
So I am stuck with an engine at idle and no throttle response what so ever. Oh and the check engine light is on...

Would you please share which fuse was broken in your situation? And how did you manage to reset the ECU :)
Check the fuses right next to the battery, and unplug batt for 10mins. Replace blown fuse, reconnect batt, problem solved

1 - 10 of 10 Posts